Re: Bonded MoCA 2.0 with Gigabit plan and STBs
Chronoxis

I plan on implementing this solution as well since my situation is almost similar (unit 3 floors away from ONT box in basement) but I don't have an STB. So does that mean I don't need the second MOCA splitter? Also, do I need a second MOCA 2.0 adapter (in the unit) if the coax is receiving signal from the MOCA2.0 adapter in my basement?

0 Likes
andrewy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looking at this figure, why not just connect coax from the ONT directly into the ECB6200?  Isn’t there a coax input for the ECB6200?  This way you don’t need the splitter acting as a combiner?

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, there is, and I think that would work, but the original poster used a splitter if I'm reading his post correctly. 

silverbullet999

My understanding is that the ECB6200 can't be configured correctly to use the MoCA-WAN C4/1000MHz channel used by the ONT coax, which is why the ONT needs to be switched to provide internet via the CAT5.  Then you can use multiple ECB6200 adapters to create a MoCA network on a different frequency.

(Please someone correct me if that's wrong!)

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes