Bonded WiFi Speeds
Route105Beer

I recently added the ebc6200 to my g1100. I removed the coax from g1100 and now using the lan to ebc6200 and coax. I removed the coax from the ont as it’s off to have a closed loop for the mica. I have 3 extenders which I changed the Fios WCB6200Q moca to automatic using the /moca_setup. ECB6200 is set to 1400 with recommended settings. Replaced all splitter and rg6. On the lan I’m getting 900/890 when connected to the lan port of an extender. I added another ebc6200 to my computer and that’s getting full 850/880. 

wifi 5G running ac I’m only getting 300/300 or a littler higher. On ac WiFi is that the expected speeds on the high end. 

0 Likes
Re: Bonded WiFi Speeds
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

WCB6200Q only has 802.11ac, which is an older version of WiFi. 300Mbps throughput would suggest you are using a 2 x 2 MIMO client. WCB6200Q is 4 x 4 MIMO capable, if you use a 4 x 4 MIMO client to connect, you should get double if not triple the WiFi speed.

This being said, WCB6200Q is nonetheless dated and may approach end of life. I would not recommend it to be used in newer installations and existing units should be decommissioned ASAP. G1100 would soon approach end of life too with a new VZ router on the horizon. ECB6200 is more complicated, as some hardware and firmware versions prevent the intercompatibility between MoCA 2.5 devices. I would avoid it if possible, plus the Fios Network Adapter from VZ if likely cheaper than an ECB6200.

Route105Beer

I’m fairly positive having 3 extenders that there not configured to run 4 antennas. iPhone 12 is 4 x 4 Mimo and they all peek at 300. The g1100 I’m get high 400 download. I really don’t want to replace with g3200. I gave no set top boxes so just internet. Are there any other hidden menus like the moca_setup.html. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Route105Beer wrote:

I’m fairly positive having 3 extenders that there not configured to run 4 antennas. iPhone 12 is 4 x 4 Mimo and they all peek at 300. 

If you read the specs for these devices carefully, you will see it is the other way around. WCB6200Q is 4 x 4 MIMO, and the IPhone 12 is only 2 x 2 MIMO. The 4 x 4 MIMO is for 5G cellular, which is irrelevant to WiFi.

I don't know why are you trying to adjust anything in the moca_setup page. You should not touch anything there unless you want to setup multiple MoCA networks. Bringing the LOF or channel up to D6 or higher would reduce the spectrum space for the bonding channels.