Broadband Ethernet connection disabled.
amcmahon21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was logged into the Router, not sure if I screwed something up, but I hit a button and now I can not access the internet. Nothing on my network can access. . I was on the phone with VErizon Tech Support and when they had me unplug the router for reset, once it turned back on, now the internet light is slowly blinking red.

Upon snooping through the router( not changing things) I noticed that the Broadband Ethernet connection is disable.. Is that supposed to be, if not how do I enable it.   Westell Router, Windows XP,

The Tech stated after about 20 minutes of talking, that the connection loss might be from the storms that went through. I think it was a setting that I hit.

Help....Thanks

Re: Broadband Ethernet connection disabled.
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

well if you did do something that goofed it up, the simple thing you can do is to just factory reset the router. use a paperclip and hold the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds (do this with the router powered on). that will put it back to defaults and undo any "custom" settings.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@amcmahon21 wrote:

I was logged into the Router, not sure if I screwed something up, but I hit a button and now I can not access the internet. Nothing on my network can access. . I was on the phone with VErizon Tech Support and when they had me unplug the router for reset, once it turned back on, now the internet light is slowly blinking red.

Upon snooping through the router( not changing things) I noticed that the Broadband Ethernet connection is disable.. Is that supposed to be, if not how do I enable it.   Westell Router, Windows XP,

The Tech stated after about 20 minutes of talking, that the connection loss might be from the storms that went through. I think it was a setting that I hit.

Help....Thanks

There are two broadband connections

• Ethernet 
  • Coax 
Only one of them will ever be enabled.  So if you're in the router interface and BOTH are disabled, then that is a big deal.  If only one is disabled and the other is enabled, then that is fine.
Follow this little ping walk through, and let us know how this goes.
are you able to ping:
  • an IP address outside of your network
  • a URL address out on the web.
0 Likes
cbwoodstock91
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

If you reset the router to default factory settings, should be good enough to connect to the internet again, check

if the WAN light is green solid, if not, check cabling between the router and the main gray box, unplug and reconnect

again.

Do you have the  three services, voice and video, are they working fine? Do you have video on demand package?

Let me know, I need to know more details to isolate the issue and make a conclusion

Bye for now

charly brown