Can bring up certain websites but can't log-in
williec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can bring up certain websites but can't log-in.  I believe this has something to do with Verizon's software.   A few of the cites where this occurs are: healthcare.gov; united.com; genetaylorsrentals.com.   I have brought up these sites and logged in using my laptop and going through other ISPs (friend's home using Cox Communications connection (Newport News VA) and at  George Mason District Public Library (Fairfax County VA).  I am located in Annandale, VA.  Has anyone else experienced this problem; do you have a solution? 

0 Likes
Re: Can bring up certain websites but can't log-in
chomper87
Enthusiast - Level 3
Verizon's software

What software are you are referring to?

Given that it works on another ISP makes me think it's a Verizon or a router issue. You could try to release the DHCP on the router and reboot router.

Of course try clearing all browser data, and / or using other broswer. Also if you are using "private" mode, or "incognito" mode, temporarily stop. I've run into problems where some login based websites don't work at all in private mode browsing. Do you have another computer to try?

0 Likes
williec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've tried rebooting the browser and deleted browser data, and using a different browser; all with no success.  I don't use private mode.  I've been able to use my android smart phone; I've got an old  laptop but its got insufficient memory to be of help.

0 Likes
williec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@williec wrote:

I've tried rebooting the browser and deleted browser data, and using a different browser; all with no success.  I don't use private mode.  I've been able to use my android smart phone; I've got an old  laptop but its got insufficient memory to be of help.

As to what Verizon software, I don't know.  Perhaps Verizon software controlling the router; I use Verizon as my home page.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Which browser(s) are you using?

Having Verizon as your home page should not impact anything.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@williec wrote:

I can bring up certain websites but can't log-in.  I believe this has something to do with Verizon's software.   A few of the cites where this occurs are: healthcare.gov; united.com; genetaylorsrentals.com.   I have brought up these sites and logged in using my laptop and going through other ISPs (friend's home using Cox Communications connection (Newport News VA) and at  George Mason District Public Library (Fairfax County VA).  I am located in Annandale, VA.  Has anyone else experienced this problem; do you have a solution? 

Which Anti Virus are you using?  Do you have the issue with multiple browsers?

I experienced login issues with some sites when using Avast AV with the WebRep plugin enabled.  I've had to disable the plugin to be able to complete the sign in process.

0 Likes
williec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Internet Explorer v11

0 Likes
williec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using Verizon Internet Security Suite (McAfee).  Yes, I have the problem with other browers.

0 Likes
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

@williec wrote:

I'm using Verizon Internet Security Suite (McAfee).  Yes, I have the problem with other browers.

O boy. Try disabling it and eventually you should really switch to Avast (free) or if you prefer something with a bit better graphics and somewhat more user intuitive the latest version of Norton. Also, leave IE for Firefox or Chrome.

Reseting the router is an option but I'm sketptical that's the issue.

0 Likes
g00py
Contributor - Level 1

If you're using the Rev.I Actiontec router, you may want to try upgrading to the most recent firmware. Heard from Verizon that it supposedly addresses connection issues with certain websites. No sure if this will fix your problem, but it's worth a shot.

0 Likes