Note your current ip address - it's on the main page of the router

You can release the wan ip address by logging on to the router and

select my network

select network connections

select broadband connection

select settings

select the release button next to dhcp lease

then turn off the router for a few minutes

turn the router back on and you should get a new ip address - check that it's different.

0 Likes
Re: Can bring up certain websites but can't log-in
gccjr

I was having a similar problem with a different website.  Although I could ping the website, it would not load.  This was the case with all my computers, but if I went off my network, it worked fine.  Changing my IP address worked.  I've been trying to resolve this for the last few weeks, so thanks!

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@viafax999 wrote:

To change your WAN Ip address

Note your current ip address - it's on the main page of the router

You can release the wan ip address by logging on to the router and

select my network

select network connections

select broadband connection

select settings

select the release button next to dhcp lease

then turn off the router for a few minutes

turn the router back on and you should get a new ip address - check that it's different.

This should work, but if you want to try a method with fewer steps and can live without the Internet overnight, simply power down the router before going to bed and then boot it back up in the morning.

0 Likes
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue with Verizon's website and Internet Explorer 11. I've switched to Firefox and I can get into MOST things.... same with Chrome and Safari, however, I would love to keep my Verizon on IE since my email runs on IE.

I would love a response on why IE11 isn't working for the Verizon site.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rushfan3 wrote:

I'm having the same issue with Verizon's website and Internet Explorer 11. I've switched to Firefox and I can get into MOST things.... same with Chrome and Safari, however, I would love to keep my Verizon on IE since my email runs on IE.

I would love a response on why IE11 isn't working for the Verizon site.

Try adding verizon.com to compatability view

I had to add that setting for a lot of sites with IE 11.  Finally decided it was easier to use Google Chrome.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

FWIW, I'm posting this reply in IE 11 (Win 7 Home (x64) SP1, Microsoft Security Essentials).

I have seen an inssue with one or two sites using IE 11 but not with the Verizon site.

0 Likes
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm a goof ball... I figured it out AFTER I posted this and looked at my new Virus protection. Forgot that Avast Premier came with Safe Zone and I put Verizon into the Safe Zone because I was paying my bill online. That will teach me NOT to do that!! Even though I am trying to keep my card safe after what happened in December with having my info taken from a visit to Target and my card replaced in January.

Lesson learned.... avast! Safe Zone + Verizon website = no happy pages. Smiley Frustrated