Can I get a second ONT?
harivney1

I currenlty have FIOS 20/20  internet but am thinking about getting a triple play bundle which includes 20/5. When I called Vzn they said I could not get 20/20 as part of buncle even If I was willing to pay for it.

So the question now is I could keep my 20/20 and get them to install another ONT that would be used for triple play bundle?

thanksl 

0 Likes
Re: Can I get a second ONT?
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
I"m sure you could get another ont installed with the bundle...I'm just wondering if you asked them if you can get the service unbundled so you could keep your 20/20 service.  I can't imagine why you would want to pay for internet service twice.
0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

actually, I have not seen multiple ONT's at the same address.  Is there an apartment number?

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
I"ve seen it on business installations with Multiple lines, where the Ont can't accomodate all their telephone numbers.
0 Likes
spdrcr5
Enthusiast - Level 1

There isn't any reason why you should need a second ONT.  I just got FiOS installed last week and got their Triple Freedom package.  I only got the 20/5 but could have gotten the 20/20 if I wanted it.  I have friends who have the Triple Freedom with the 20/20 so I know it is possible, at least here on Long Island.

armstrda
Enthusiast - Level 2
Just curious, but what do you actually need the 20upload speed for?
0 Likes
cprgolds
Enthusiast - Level 3

@harivney1 wrote:

I currenlty have FIOS 20/20  internet but am thinking about getting a triple play bundle which includes 20/5. When I called Vzn they said I could not get 20/20 as part of buncle even If I was willing to pay for it.

I don't think there is a technical reason that you can't get what you want with one ONT.

This sounds more like a commercial/pricing issue of what is actually included in the bundle.

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

the question is:  "So the question now is I could keep my 20/20 and get them to install another ONT that would be used for triple play bundle?"   

The first issue is that triple play = voice, data and internet,  so IF you accomplished this, you would then have two separate internet accounts into your same house.  -paying two bills, IF you could get them to do this.

second issue = qualifying for a second ONT.   In residentail accounts you cannot 'just get a second ont'    the residential building address may qualify for multiple ONT's but that may be an issue for you.

0 Likes
Barking_Pumpkin1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wanted Triple Freedom too with 20/20 FiOS Internet and FiOS Extreme HD TV service and was told the same thing.  I just had them change my speed to 20/5.  I can't really see any appreciable difference.

I would think Verizon could just run another line from the ONT box so they'd be no need for a second ONT box.  Just me guess, I'm not a tech.

0 Likes