Can I Split Coax for TV and Add a Second Modem for Internet?
JohnRI1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wireless does not work throught the house and I need a wired connection in room upstairs.  There is no way to get another coax up to that room from basement so I guess I need a second modem.  Is there a way to use the TV coax that is already wired into room and split it so I can connect a modem and a TV to the cable?  Would prefer not to have a second modem if there is another way to do it.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I Split Coax for TV and Add a Second Modem for Internet?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

why yes, yes, you can...

»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »Can I get an ethernet connection in a room with only coax?

@JohnRI wrote:

Wireless does not work throught the house and I need a wired connection in room upstairs.  There is no way to get another coax up to that room from basement so I guess I need a second modem.  Is there a way to use the TV coax that is already wired into room and split it so I can connect a modem and a TV to the cable?  Would prefer not to have a second modem if there is another way to do it.  Thanks.

you will need a 1ghz splitter, and a second device though.  You will need a NIM 100, or an ECB2200 those are moca/coax to ethernet bridges for FiOS.    Or a 2nd router (super cheap on ebay)

View solution in original post

Re: Can I Split Coax for TV and Add a Second Modem for Internet?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

why yes, yes, you can...

»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »Can I get an ethernet connection in a room with only coax?

@JohnRI wrote:

you will need a 1ghz splitter, and a second device though.  You will need a NIM 100, or an ECB2200 those are moca/coax to ethernet bridges for FiOS.    Or a 2nd router (super cheap on ebay)