Can my G3100 router IP address be changed?
KenJackson1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my G3100 router installed.  It's web page doesn't have any "My Network" icon or menu item like my old ActionTek did.  

On mine, at  System -> System Status  I can see my "LAN IPv4 Address" and "Default Gateway" are both "192.168.1.1".  This is what I need to change to avoid changing a lot of my home network setup.

But these don't seem to be editable.  Is there a way to edit?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can my G3100 router IP address be changed?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to REF https://www.verizon.com/supportresources/content/dam/verizon/support/consumer/documents/internet/fio...

you change the LAN IP by going to Advanced -> Network Settings -> Network Connections -> Network (HOME/OFFICE) CONNECTION -> Settings

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to REF https://www.verizon.com/supportresources/content/dam/verizon/support/consumer/documents/internet/fio...

you change the LAN IP by going to Advanced -> Network Settings -> Network Connections -> Network (HOME/OFFICE) CONNECTION -> Settings

KenJackson1
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I'll type it in again.  This forum lost it the first time.

This is the same answer I eventually got from Verizon via chat, dslr595148.  I got it setup and it works.

That sequence is buried deep.  I originally thought "Settings" was a heading, not a button.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KenJackson wrote:

OK, I'll type it in again.  This forum lost it the first time.

This is the same answer I eventually got from Verizon via chat, dslr595148.  I got it setup and it works.

That sequence is buried deep.  I originally thought "Settings" was a heading, not a button.

You are welcome.

While I do not and never had that NAT router, it appears that while you can adjust the LAN IP you can not make the subnet bigger than a /24 (255.255.255.0)

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why can't you make a subnet bigger than /24?

imageG1100

imageG3100/CR1000A

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Cang_Household wrote:

Why can't you make a subnet bigger than /24?

imageG1100

imageG3100/CR1000A

Maybe not that NAT router but there are Fios NAT routers where that restriction is in place I heard/read. Note in my comment where NAT router equals brand+model+firmware.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes