Re: Can somebody FIOS savy answer this one?
Barbara92
Enthusiast - Level 3

To viafax, I''ve speed tested using verizon's speed test, the speed test in the VZ In Home Agent, Speedtest.net., and a couple other obscure, lesser known sites.  The speeds all vary.  Verizon's speed test unsurprisingly always show that I'm ABSOLUTELY BLAZING, while the speedtest.net and other sites average around 26 down and 12 up. 

While I am inclined to point out that these speeds aren't exactly what I was  guaranteed, I understand they should still be plenty fast to stream HD, especially from services I do pay a fee for.  However, I still get consistantly get lag even when streaming FIosTVOnline in SD.  And we know that my computer is well kept and very capable of handing this, as I play HD movies I already have with no problems whatsoever.  What else do you think it could be guys?

On a side note, though I don't think it's related to the issue, when I go to speedtest.net, the speed tests I run that get 26/12 on average are from a Location in Tampa.  I am in Sarasota, so obviously it connects to the closest server.  However, I took it upon myself to manually try other servers, and when I connect to various North Eastern servers such as Pa, NJ, or MD, it always screams up to 40 something download and the upload tends to vary between what it is now, and signifigantly higher as well.  This was also the case when I had Comcast.  So these findings are very consistant.  Should I change my DNS as well?  I heard this is inadvisable and/or unnessesary but I don't know what else to do to fix the constant stuttery lag.

Barbara92
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anybody out there still viewing this post who might have some technical knowledge of what could be causing this issue?  Any feedback is extremely welcome and appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I tried it with hbo and get the same stutter as with cnn, sort of makes it look like a network issue.

Referred the question to fios tv technical assistance

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Fios-TV-Online-stuttering/td-p/238281

0 Likes