Can't access particular IP on FiOS, but can through 4G?
marriedgeek

I'm unable to get to this page at this IP: http://171.67.108.204 from any device on my home network. It simply sits there connecting, and eventually times out. However, when I access it through my phone, it works fine. 

There are no firewall rules, proxies, or routing rules set up. Is anyone else able to open it up? BTW, it's a Stanford folding@home IP. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Can't access particular IP on FiOS, but can through 4G?
Justin46
Legend

@marriedgeek wrote:

I'm unable to get to this page at this IP: http://171.67.108.204 from any device on my home network. It simply sits there connecting, and eventually times out. However, when I access it through my phone, it works fine. 

There are no firewall rules, proxies, or routing rules set up. Is anyone else able to open it up? BTW, it's a Stanford folding@home IP. Thanks. 

This is what I see when I go to that IP address:

My guess is that your home's IP address is on what is called a "bogon filter" list. You can Google "bogon filter" and find lots of info, but the net is, you need to get a different IP address. Probably the easiest way to do that is to turn your router off overnight, when you turn it back on the next morning you almost certainly will have a different IP address. You can try turning the router off for an hour or two, that might be enough, you can go into the router's dialog and tell it to release the IP address, but then you need to disconnect the router immediately or it will almost certainly get the same IP address again.

Another option is to just wait, eventually the filter will get updated and you will then have access. But this could take hours, days, weeks, etc., depends on how often the filter list is updated. And before you ask, no, this is not something Verizon is doing, it is either the owner of the site you are trying to get to, or some router or system in between.

Again, just turn your router off overnight and the odds are pretty good you will have access tomorrow.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes