Can't connect to wifi ipod touch 4 only when using WPA2
mgalactico

I recentrly upgraded my router to a MI424WR Rev I. Since then an iPod Touch 4 can't connect to the wifi. While this is occurring I can connect to the same wifi 2 ASUS laptops, 1 Samsung laptop, 1 Dell laptop, 1 iPad, 1 iPhone5, 1 iPhone 5c, 1 ipod touch 3, and 1 Android tablet. The only thing that can't connect is the ipod touch 4. The device can connect to wifi at school, where no passord is needed, and other places like that. It jsut keeps showing the erros "incorrect password" and can't connect at home. I've tried used a fixed channel -1,6,11- as opposed to automated but with the same results.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to wifi ipod touch 4 only when using WPA2
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

You might try telling your iPod to "forget" your home network, then find it again and re-enter the password.

0 Likes
mgalactico

Tnak you for the reply eljefe. I forgot to add that I've done from a network reset to a full reset on the ipod touch with the same results.

Thanks

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note that there are different types of resets on Apple devices.  Not all resets delete WiFi info.  "Forget Network" will cause an iThing to forget all passwords and network settings.  The next time you connect, it will start over.  If you haven't tried "Forget Network," give it a whirl.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

The only other thing I can think of to try is setting your WiFi 80211 mode to "Compatiblity,"  if it's not already set that way.

You'll find that setting on the Actiontec's setup page > Wireless Settings > Advanced Security Settings > 802.11b/g/n Mode.

It will surprise me if that makes a difference, given that you're connecting with an earlier version iPod Touch, but it's worth a try.

0 Likes