Can't Get Black Friday Ring Doorbell.
cb7733

I was so excited to sign up for Fios in our new home -- the first time we've been in an eligible location. I signed up on Fri Nov 23 (Black Friday) for Gigabit internet with a deal that, in addition to other promos, offered "your choice of a: $100 Amazon.com gift card, Ring Video Doorbell 2 or Xbox Game Pass for 1 year." (emphasis mine; see below for screenshot of the offer taken that day Nov 23.) We picked the Ring Doorbell, which retails for about $150-200 and which we'd been planning to buy for our new house. I began my order online but when it hit a snag was told to call a rep, which I did. He finished my order, repeatedly assuring me I would get the Ring Doorbell and would be informed soon on how to acquire it. I didn't hear anything for a week or two until an email informed me I could now get my $100 Amazon giftcard (not what I'd selected). I called and, after a long hold, was told not to worry -- I was somehow going to receive both: $100 amazon + the ring doorbell. I was told I'd hear more soon.

I did not. I called again about a week later and this time was told they could not find a record of me signing up for a Ring Doorbell. They "elevated" the complaint and I would hear back in "2-3 business days." I never heard back. Today I called and sent along my screenshot to prove that the Ring Doorbell had been offered on their website for the package I bought. But, after checking with his supervisor, the representative told me this did not prove anything and they could find no record of Verizon ever offering a Ring Video Doorbell 2. I said surely I'm not making this up. Was there anything they could do? Maybe even offer me a credit of the difference in cost? Or just $50? Or anything?

I was told there was nothing they could do.

I informed them how upsetting this was and that I'd now strongly be considering my old cable provider, who recently emailed to say they'd offer us better service at considerably less than Verizon charges. This is no longer about the cost of the Ring Doorbell. It's just about abysmal customer service. After I hung up with Verizon I discovered on these forums that I am not alone in not receiving a promised Ring Video Doorbell 2. There are many others. It appears Verizon has seriously fumbled this and is doing little to remedy the situation.image

0 Likes
Re: Can't Get Black Friday Ring Doorbell.
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cb7733,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes