Re: Can't manage my router via app or website anymore
Spaceboy881
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. 

Will the password default to the one on the sticker on the side of the router if I do that?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. Everything will reflect the sticker on bottom. And you will have to reconfigure everything but a hard reset should fix. 

Spaceboy881
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did the hard reset, set everything back up again and still same issue. 😞 

0 Likes
John2182
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue come up recently--when trying to "manage internet" on the website, I get "There was an error in retrieving your router information"; in My Fios app, it's "IPAddress missing for the VZID from CDCT." After a long text chat with tech support, I reinstalled the app and did the factory reset of the Gateway router, which reset to the original password on the sticker, and it didn't fix the problem. I also connected directly to the router with ethernet; same problem. Tech support said it was a website problem and told me to call; I did that and started a repair ticket and am waiting to hear from them. Very frustrated. Meanwhile, I noticed the sticker on the router for logging into the router at myfiosgateway.com. Did that, and all the router info is there, including a tab for the parental controls. Seems to support the idea that the problem is with their regular website and app. So this is a workaround for now, but don't want to have to go there all the time.

Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@John2182 wrote:

. . .(snip) . . . Meanwhile, I noticed the sticker on the router for logging into the router at myfiosgateway.com. Did that, and all the router info is there, including a tab for the parental controls. Seems to support the idea that the problem is with their regular website and app. So this is a workaround for now, but don't want to have to go there all the time.

It's been a while since I've used a Verizon router, but I don't think myfiosgateway.com is a real website. It's a special URL known by the router itself to get you into the router's own web pages. That is to say, when you "go there" you are really just getting logged into your router locally. I think that's there to be "simpler" than just using the IP address. (When I try to go there, I get This site can’t be reached. As I mentioned, I don't use a Verizon router.)

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Capricorn1 wrote:
It's been a while since I've used a Verizon router, but I don't think myfiosgateway.com is a real website. It's a special URL known by the router itself to get you into the router's own web pages. That is to say, when you "go there" you are really just getting logged into your router locally. I think that's there to be "simpler" than just using the IP address. (When I try to go there, I get This site can’t be reached. As I mentioned, I don't use a Verizon router.)

You are correct. myfiosgateway.com. Is just a customer friendly log in to the G1100 router instead of 192.168.1.1

Similar to a netgear router that has routerlogin.net 

MattSatt

I stopped getting that error on my iPhone when I disabled TouchID on the myFios app...I have to log in every time I go into the app, but I can get to the Parental Controls.

Matt

0 Likes
Spaceboy881
Enthusiast - Level 2

That doesn't work for me. I also get the error when I log into the parents settings on Verizon.com (not through the myfiosgateway.com)

0 Likes
ErrorRcvd11

Wow. I was having the same

problem and disabling Touch-ID did the trick! Thanks! 

0 Likes
idobarganes

hi!! did anyone else have another solution to this? I tried disabiling Face ID but i'm still getting the error. I recently had to change my Verizon router because the old one stopped working correctly. Verizon sent me the same model router but I can't access the Internet section of the Fios app. Anyone have any solutions? I've deleted and reinstalled the app and disabled Face ID. nothing is working.

Thanks!

0 Likes