Re: Can't manage my router via app or website anymore
BigB13

Having this same exact issue.  Started on my existing router I have had for several years, Verixzon sent me a new one, and the same issue is still happening on the new one.

0 Likes
lmk126

any fix?  I have been having the same issues for several weeks and the tech people are clueless.  

0 Likes
Volfan5

@Spaceboy88 wrote:

For about two weeks now, I lost the ability to manage my router through the My FiOS app or via Verizon.com. It used to work great but now I get the following errors:

Website: "There was an error in retrieving your router information."

App: "SSL Certificate Error"

Anyone else having this or know how to fix?

Just received a new router and now getting this same issue!  Chat line called and wanted me to escalate via the myfios tv app(we don’t have tv service). They didn’t understand it was both the app and esktop version having issues. 

Any my help would be great. 

0 Likes
rmur23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting same issue. Parental controls gone from app.  Trying to do it online is completely useless.    Using the app is slow. Tech is no help at all.

Seriously, how can a tech company have absolutely the worst interfaces available for their customers? I've had so many problems with router control. Its a complete joke.   When my contract is up I am gone. 

0 Likes
Spaceboy881
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ditched their awful router for an Eero router which has much better controls (including parental controls) and have not needed Verizon's feature anymore. 

0 Likes
rmur23
Enthusiast - Level 1

What method did you use for swapping out router?

0 Likes
Spaceboy881
Enthusiast - Level 2

Eero is dead-simple to setup. You just unplug your FiOS router, and replace it with the Eero router. You setup the Eero router via a smartphone app and it's up and running in minute. Really the most pleasurable experience I've ever had setting up a router. Almost seemed too easy!

0 Likes
rmur23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it coax compatible?

0 Likes
Spaceboy881
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in an apartment and my unit has the FiOS terminal in a closet in the master bedroom and there's no Coax coming from it, just a Cat cable. I plug that into the Eero router.

0 Likes
rmur23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ah ok thanks. Will have to look into how id have to switch it. I have fios into the ONT which runs coax to my quantum router.

0 Likes