Can't run Verizon Speed Test
TechieWannaBe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I put my Quantum Router into bridge mode and made Google WiFi my primary by following the many instructions on the Internet re: how to do so.

Ever since then, I am unable to successfully run the Verizon speed test here:

https://www.verizon.com/SpeedTest/routertest.aspx

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and if it is just a result of putting the router into bridge mode.

Thanks for any help you can provide

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't run Verizon Speed Test
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are correct. The router speed test does not function if the Verizon router isn't your primary router on the network. The other, more trraditional speed test Verizon has, should continue to work fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are correct. The router speed test does not function if the Verizon router isn't your primary router on the network. The other, more trraditional speed test Verizon has, should continue to work fine.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Smith6612 wrote:

The Verizon router will give a speed test result if the users router is in Access Point Mode but not if used at all. You are correct the other traditional speed test is functional.

0 Likes
swb110

And that is why we call them Big Red.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes