Cannot access specific Internet address from Verizon FIOS
Kdats
I cannot access employee.walgreens.com from any device using Verizon FIOS, but can access from AT&T connected devices. Verizon in home agent has been unsuccessful in helping me. Any suggestions? I am at the end of my Verizon contract and considering changing providers if I cannot access this site.
0 Likes
Re: Cannot access specific Internet address from Verizon FIOS
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Normally the site has blocked a range of IP's or has an out of date filter list that doesn't include new ip's from Verizon.

You can try to get a new ip/route easily by following these instructions.

Actiontec MI424-WR - RELEASE DHCP
Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.
Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.
Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.
Click SETTINGS
Click RELEASE
Click APPLY
Disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease.

Leave it disconnected for no less than 5 minutes.  If you reconnect it too fast then you run the risk of getting the same IP Address, which leaves you in the same boat as you are today. 

Justin46
Legend

@Kdats wrote:
I cannot access employee.walgreens.com from any device using Verizon FIOS, but can access from AT&T connected devices. Verizon in home agent has been unsuccessful in helping me. Any suggestions? I am at the end of my Verizon contract and considering changing providers if I cannot access this site.

I can get to it from FiOS. So I think Hubrisnxs is right, and forcing a new IP address will fix your problem.

For me, when I had that problem some years ago for a specific site, all I did was turn off the router when I went to bed and turned it back on the next morning, problem fixed.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

brucekirs1

Verizon sucks. Their tech support are **bleep**. I would go anyway but here. WHen my contract is up I am going to comcast. They have been in the cable busienss alot longer than Verizon.

Can't stand dealing with this company

0 Likes
PELOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

@brucekirs wrote:

Verizon sucks. Their tech support are **bleep**. I would go anyway but here. WHen my contract is up I am going to comcast. They have been in the cable business a lot longer than Verizon.

Can't stand dealing with this company

good luck with Comcast  they will raise their prices after 6 months even with a contract price protection guarantee

0 Likes