Cannot Add Canon MB 5020 Wireless Printer to Network
AmyHenchey

I just upgraded to the Verizon 5G package, and am thrilled with the speed that I'm getting and my ability to connect to multiple devices simultaneously. Where's the hitch, you ask. Why are you coming to the community?

Connection and service for my laptop, cell phone, and cable are all excellent. As part of the upgrade, I upgraded my router, and I was able to connect most of my devices to it. But not my Canon MB 5020 wireless printer. When I go through the Add a device routine, the new network doesn't discover the printer, and I'm therefore unable to set the printer up. Operating system is Windows 10.

Hoping that someone here can help me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot Add Canon MB 5020 Wireless Printer to Network
jonjones1
Legend

The best way is to go to Canon and select your model from the support and drivers section. Download the drivers (best to download to desktop so it is easy to find) 

after it’s there you need to double click to install it. However make sure the canon drivers and all assorted drivers and programs are removed (add and remove programs) before downloading the new ones. 

what option you will use will be the wireless lan option. It will ask you to select the network from the ones it finds. If it finds the SSID of your Verizon router you select it. It then should proceed to setup the printer for use. In certain cases it will ask to be hooked directly to your router the first time of install. So be prepared.

the printer must have the drivers installed first. Test the printer using your cell phone to see if the printer name appears in your list of air printers.

test it and if it works you are all set. If worse comes to worse use the support option at Canon.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other users here.  I'm assuming you're asking about fios service with a Verizon router and that you've bundled it with 5G wireless service.  fios has nothing to do with 5G, other than both being Verizon products.  If this isn't want your asking about, please provide more details.

The printer should be the device discovering the WiFi network, not the other way around.

If you have SON turned on in the Verizon router, turn it off.  It often conflicts with devices like printers.  You'll need to login to the router's web UI to turn it off.  If you don't know how to do this, post your router's model number and someone should be able to give you specific advice.

You could look for Canon printer forums.  If any exist, you might be able to find printer specific suggestions there.

jonjones1
Legend

The best way is to go to Canon and select your model from the support and drivers section. Download the drivers (best to download to desktop so it is easy to find) 

after it’s there you need to double click to install it. However make sure the canon drivers and all assorted drivers and programs are removed (add and remove programs) before downloading the new ones. 

what option you will use will be the wireless lan option. It will ask you to select the network from the ones it finds. If it finds the SSID of your Verizon router you select it. It then should proceed to setup the printer for use. In certain cases it will ask to be hooked directly to your router the first time of install. So be prepared.

the printer must have the drivers installed first. Test the printer using your cell phone to see if the printer name appears in your list of air printers.

test it and if it works you are all set. If worse comes to worse use the support option at Canon.