Cannot believe this company is worse than Comcast
nsadawi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely shocked - I thought Comcast had bad customer service but Verizon now holds the record. We are moving at the end of the month and I was so excited to be able to get FiOS at our new home. I called in early December to set up an account and got an install date of Dec. 19th. A couple of days prior the installer called and said they were jammed up, could they delay installation. I'm a gracious person, I said okay and rescheduled for the 23rd. It's the 23rd and the installer was a no show. I have now spent over an hour on hold trying to reschedule the appointment - I keep getting cut off. I am arranged to move my Comcast service (except that Verizon took my current phone number and I'm not sure how to get it back). I don't think  Verizon can actually provide service in Philadelphia.

Re: Cannot believe this company is worse than Comcast
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please keep trying and let us know how you make out.

0 Likes
Mariannemacd
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are both terrible...  After bad Verizon service (and terrible user interface for cable) I decided to switch to Comcast.  After trouble online, and then sitting on hold on and off for 30 minutes they told me it was going to be $50 just to sign up.  Both are bad.

ike71
Contributor - Level 1

At least some of us have the competition/choice, for some people the only alternative is satellite.

hussr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google needs to come in and put all the telecommunications service providers out of business by offering a cheaper, faster, reliable service. It wil happen one day I'm sure. All providers out there have some pro's and con's but I think all of them have more cons than pros with regards to their service

db909
Contributor - Level 3

@hussr wrote:

Google needs to come in and put all the telecommunications service providers out of business by offering a cheaper, faster, reliable service. It wil happen one day I'm sure. All providers out there have some pro's and con's but I think all of them have more cons than pros with regards to their service

I hope you are right but Google is a micro bit player in terms of their ISP business.  They have come in and cherry picked a few locations and gotten some nice press about it. 

Their rates of $120 / mo for TV and internet are not exactly "cheaper" and they have no options, you can have 1GB internet or no internet.  1 GB would be nice, but I don't need it.  A good 50MB down connection is plenty for me.  Besides as we have all learned, you are relying upon the speed of whatever you are trying to connect to.  Search these forums for Netflix.

0 Likes
gothamcharlie

If you told me I would ever say this, I would have said "you're nuts" but I CAN'T WAIT to be rid of Verizon and return to Comcast.

I moved into a new building in New York and was told by Verizon that I would have to return my DVR to them and receive a new one. Of course, I had recorded a few PPV events and movies and assumed Verizon would allow me to record the EXACT SAME movies for free. I was OK with losing the PPV events, although they weren't cheap.

Surprisingly, Verizon's response was no, nothing, nada. Since I switched boxes (because they required me to) everything was lost from the DVR and I now have to repurchase them. 

Today, I tried to purchase the UFC event for this evening. My ability to purchase PPV events has been disabled and the instructions to re-enable it don't work. So, I called their "customer service" department and, of course, they can't do it either. I should mention that I'm on auto-pay and have never, not once, been late with or missed a payment to these people.

If Comcast ever comes up with a buy-out offer to switch, I'm gone in a hearbeat. 

0 Likes
denzo30

I am shocked too and thought their could be no worst customer service than Comcast until I signed up for Verizon.  I am not saying that XFINITY or Comcast Products are better than FIOS VERIZON but the customer service at Verizon is just simply horrible and they don't care either.  At least Comcast will send you a survey and asking how your service was.  Verizon thinks they are too good for this. 

BTW, It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to speak to anyone at Verizon.  I have waited up to 45 mins and just hang up and the times that I actually wait it out, I get treated like a stranger rather than an account holder

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes