Cannot connect to AOL
jmchiro

Is there a problem connecting to AOL through Verizon???

0 Likes
Re: Cannot connect to AOL
cadrenet

It's odd but every site we manage that has Verizon ISP (DSL or FIOS) has issues loading aol.com right now.

Half the time the traceroute fails somewhere in between Verizon's network, other times it fails with the message:

---

Z:\>tracert aol.com

Tracing route to aol.com [149.174.107.97]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1  Negotiating IP Security.

Trace complete.

---

0 Likes
BSC249

What is Verizon doing to correct the connection problem with AOL?!?  

I can connect to all my other sites via my Fios wifi but not aol.  Alternatively, when I turn off wifi and connect via my AT&T data plan, I can connect to AOL website and mail on all my devices: pc's, phones and tablets.

quick edit: that is I can connect to AOL when I use my phone as a hot spot (using my AT&T data plan).

update: Did they resolve the AOL issue?  After disconnecting from my phones hot spot, I now have access to AOL (my mail) via my home wifi on my pc and even my phone through wifi...

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can get t to AOL.com just fine.  Not sure why I'd want to, but I can get to it.  🙂

I don't use Verizon's DNS.  Try google's DNS or OpenDNS.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I"m not sure why I'd want to get to AOL either, but when I read this original post here I tried it just to see...and I could not get to aol.com either.

Just tried again and I connected right away.  It seems like the problem was temporary and has been fixed.

0 Likes
BSC249

I've had the same AOL account since around 1990.  I've tried numerous other providers for email and none match the sheer simplicity, ease of use, spam filters, customer service (back when I paid for AOL it was outstanding) and yes Reliability.  I can use one hand to count the number of times I've lost service due to AOL.

Why wouldn't I use AOL! 

ps: at least gs0b offered an alternative and used emoticons to imply his light hearted comment. 

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@BSC249 wrote:

I've had the same AOL account since around 1990.  I've tried numerous other providers for email and none match the sheer simplicity, ease of use, spam filters, customer service (back when I paid for AOL it was outstanding) and yes Reliability.  I can use one hand to count the number of times I've lost service due to AOL.

Why wouldn't I use AOL! 

ps: at least gs0b offered an alternative and used emoticons to imply his light hearted comment. 

P.S.

My apolgies if I offended you.  Smiley Sad

I hope AOL is back up and available to you as it is here now.

0 Likes