Cannot delete mystery devices on My Network
fujimusume

I just got around to securing my network after forever, I know, I'm stupid... but anyway, there are 2 devices (they have a red X on them) that are obviously someone else's names.  I click "Delete Device" but they are still there.  I clicked "Clear All" and now my device has a red X on it too and I can't get it to go green again.

How can I delete these devices and how can I get mine to get the green icon again?

I tried to go to Advanced settings but the option "Network Devices" is not there... please help!

0 Likes
Re: Cannot delete mystery devices on My Network
tns
Master - Level 2

Using what, you see devices with red x's?  Rebooting your router should drop all devices, and any you see connected afterwards are reconnected.  Some tools will show those things that were previously connected, but you would then have to get those tools to refresh the device lists.

Using some tools you may see the ONT, the router, the routers wireless,  DVR/STB's and previously connected devices.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot delete mystery devices on My Network
Hokiedad2
Contributor - Level 1

Rebooting may not fix it but a hard reset will.

1. Write down your settings, including any passwords.

2. With the router turned on, insert a paper clip into the small hole on the back of the router, and push and hold the button for several seconds.

3. The router will reboot. Go to the configuration page and you'll be prompted to enter your password.

4. Go to wireless security to set your password and other security settings.

0 Likes