Cant port forward port 80
dara123123
Ive been trying to run a apache server for some time now and the video tutorial that im watching says that you need to port forward port 80 to run it properly. I have tried this multiple times and every time i apply it i get locked out of my router and have to restart it. (i have a FiOS Actiontec Router SFU Model MI424WR-Gen2)
0 Likes
Re: Cant port forward port 80
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure your Port Forwarding rule has the following set for it:

TCP Any --> 80

TCP Any --> 8080 (if you have Apache also listening in here).

Also, the IP for your port forwarding entry should point to an IP address, not a hostname, of the computer on your network. Also, I would try doing the port forwarding from a computer or device that is not going to be running Apache, in case a firmware issue is bugging out connectivity to the router's Web admin while writing rules.

Please do note the clause in the Terms of Service for FiOS about running servers. While it can be done on Verizon with nothing heard from Verizon, higher bandwidth activities (multi-Terabyte) have caused Verizon to come after even Small business users with Static IPs. So run one at your own risk.

0 Likes
Re: Cant port forward port 80
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dara123123 wrote:
Ive been trying to run a apache server for some time now and the video tutorial that im watching says that you need to port forward port 80 to run it properly. I have tried this multiple times and every time i apply it i get locked out of my router and have to restart it. (i have a FiOS Actiontec Router SFU Model MI424WR-Gen2)

Are you perhaps trying to port forward port 80 when you are connected to it via remote addministration which uses port 80??

To do what you are trying to do you should be connecting from the internal network to the router via the browser url of http://192.168.1.1

0 Likes