Certain Devices Connect but Have No Internet Access
maranathapeace7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a customer for a few years now wihout too many problems. Suddenly, there I have several devices that will say they are connected to the router but there's no internet access. I've tried rebooting my router several time in many different ways and they still won't work. It's a kindle, an HP laptop, and 2 Amazon Echos.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what can I do to try and fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Certain Devices Connect but Have No Internet Access
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which router are you using?

maranathapeace7
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's a model Fios-G1100. I'm not sure if that's right. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You can call 1-800-VERIZON and have them replace it. Since it may have bit the dust.

you can purchase a better router from Netgear or Asus etc. with external antennas and that should fix your connection issues. However if you have tv and phone with the internet you will need a MOCA adapter and a splitter to keep on demand and user guide on your tv. If just internet then no issues.

the other thing to remember is before you hook your own router in place of the Quantum G1100 is to release DHCP unplug the old Fios router immediately and then hook your own up.

if you rent the Fios router you will save $144 a year or $288 over two years. But get a receipt for the returned Fios router.

last note, you lose customer support via not using Fios branded router. So they fix only up to the ONT and no further.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have other devices that work ok on wifi?

Can you compare the SSID that the working devices are on vs the non-working ones?

0 Likes