Changing IP on Actiontec Router
aday2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have reviewed all the posts I can find in this forum and have tried everything suggested, but I cannot get my internet service to work after I change the IP address on the Actiontec router from the default of 192.168.1.1.  I can change it and reconnect from my PC, but I cannot access the internet.  I can ping the IP, default gateway, and DNS servers of the Broadband-Coax connection, but I cannot get anywhere else.

I call Verizon tech support and had three people tell me that they could not help me because what I wanted to do was not supported.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?  If so, what changes did I miss to reconnect to the internet?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing IP on Actiontec Router
aday2
Enthusiast - Level 1
It appears if you leave the netmask at 255.255.255.0 everything works.  If you want to change the netmask to something like 255.255.255.240 you have problems.  Can't explain this one, but FYI for anyone who cares.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Changing IP on Actiontec Router
aday2
Enthusiast - Level 1
It appears if you leave the netmask at 255.255.255.0 everything works.  If you want to change the netmask to something like 255.255.255.240 you have problems.  Can't explain this one, but FYI for anyone who cares.
0 Likes