Charged for router not purchased
armeca1

My apartment recently had fios installed which I signed up for.  The representative there advised I purchase the router ahead of time through ebay/amazon to save money as they have cheaper prices than verizon, which we did. Unfortunately I was not home for the installation, but my significant other was there when the technician came by to install fios. He insisted that we must have purchased the router through verizon as the router says "verizon" and would not do the install without putting the charge through.  

Upon the technician pushing the charge through, I received an email notification, saying a change has been made to my account, which no tech support was willing to help me with as my bill was just an "estimate" at that point in time.

Now that I've received my bill, they will not remove the charge as they said I was delivered the router, and they point to the UPS tracking number as proof. However, Verizon's support acknowledges that a change was made on my account on the 15th for the purchase of the router, but note that the tracking number which was generated and delivered to my apartment before the 15th would contain the supposed router. I offered to provide proof of invoice for the router from the 3rd party seller, but support are unable to accept it for whatever reason.  Support has also tried to push through an adjustment, which I truly appreciate, but the adjustments gets denied at a later point in time, which leaves me to my current situation.

It appears I am at an impasse, and am not sure what my other options are. If anyone can offer any advice or direct me to the proper channel, I would truly appreciate it. I want to like my verizon service, but as of now, it has been nothing but a headache.

0 Likes
Re: Charged for router not purchased
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi armeca,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Charge for Router not purchased.
armeca1

My apartment recently had fios installed which I signed up for.  The representative there advised I purchase the router ahead of time through ebay/amazon to save money as they have cheaper prices than verizon, which we did. Unfortunately I was not home for the installation, but my significant other was there when the technician came by to install fios. He insisted that we must have purchased the router through verizon as the router says "verizon" and would not do the install without putting the charge through.  

Upon the technician pushing the charge through, I received an email notification, saying a change has been made to my account, which no tech support was willing to help me with as my bill was just an "estimate" at that point in time.

Now that I've received my bill, they will not remove the charge as they said I was delivered the router, and they point to the UPS tracking number as proof. However, Verizon's support acknowledges that a change was made on my account on the 15th for the purchase of the router, but note that the tracking number which was generated and delivered to my apartment before the 15th would contain the supposed router. I offered to provide proof of invoice for the router from the 3rd party seller, but support was unable to accept it for whatever reason.  Support has also tried to push through an adjustment, which I truly appreciate, but the adjustments gets denied at a later point in time, which leaves me to my current situation.

A support agent was able to get the charge reverse and closed the case, however shortly after I'm assuming they reinstated the charge, because I recently got a notice for threatening to disrupt my service as I am now overdue, even though auto-payment has been setup. Would someone be able to point me towards the proper channel in order to resolve this case? I am quite tired of having the problem appear to be resolved only to reappear again shortly after.

0 Likes
Re: Charge for Router not purchased.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi armeca,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes