Charged for Technician visit without Consent
fiosuser7845

I was recently having a issue with my FIOS connection, after talking to the tech support and basic troubleshooting which did not fix the problem - The on call tech support scheduled a onsite visit (did not inform me of any charges for the visit). After 2 days when tech support visit (where nothing was done) was completed I received a email with $99 charge. When I called the billing help desk they asked me to call back after the bill was generated as they would not be able to waive before that. So now i called after the bill was generated and spoke to their 3 chat agents for 2 hours to get it waived, but as the charges were split into 2 installments she was able to waive only what was billed and asked be contact again after the next bill was generated. Now when I call after the bill was generated with charges of 2nd installment they claim all NONSENSE without any proof and would not waive the rest. 

They would charge without any notice and Consent!!!

They would not send you your chat transcipt like other companies do and claim they have notes which only they can see.

They would not troubleshoot the issue on phone and just send out a Tech.

Horrible customer service - RUDE, CARELESS and Arrogant!!!!!

Can someone from verizon check on this and do something about it so I can get back the charges??

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charged for Technician visit without Consent
jonjones1
Legend

Send the letter if dispute certified return receipt requested to the billing address and pay only the portion not in dispute.

contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via a google search and let them take the complaint up with verizon fios.

they really cannot produce transcripts either for or against the consumer. Once you file the complaint verizon will remove the erroneous charges. 

Please note if you use auto pay or pay by credit card or debit card have the money charged back if it appears as paid. 

0 Likes
Re: Charged for Technician visit without Consent
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fiosuser7845,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes