Charged surprise 99$ after choosing self install.
Ryanh678

I recently moved to a new house that already had an ONT set up. I chose self install since the house was already wired up.  For whatever reason, I wasn’t receiving a data signal to the ONT, so Verizon had to send someone out to figure out why. Turns out the issue was at the terminal outside the house (off the property).  A few weeks later (today) I receive an additional 99$ to my bill that I was not warned about, nor did I ever agree to. I called Verizon today to dispute the charge, and they told me that since the technician had to come to set it up, I was charged a fee.  Well he shouldn’t of had to come. If Verizon didn’t disconnect my house from Fios out at the pole, I wouldn’t of had this problem. I chose self install for a reason, and I don’t think I should have been charged for an error Verizon made at the terminal that wasn’t located on my property. 

Extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Charged surprise 99$ after choosing self install.
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ryanh678,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes