chg account password feature is broken past 2 days
robinbird1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Verizon

I am one of the thousands, perhaps tens of thousands customers caught in the account lock out -" ... due to unsuccessful login attempts ... "  So after 'research' the engineers 'solved this issue'   NOW the problem is that when I go to 'account settings, change password'   the software cannot accept the new password that I enter.  It provides the message " unable to update please try again later."

Can will the change password function be fixed ?

Regards,

a frustrasted customer

Cant get into email or change password
crissk
Enthusiast - Level 1

My sub account is locked out although I can still access it via my WINDOWS Phone app. I tried changing the password but it only changes my MAIN ACCOUNT, I am SICK of being on hold with no one ever answering and I can see from the other posts here that I am not the only one with this problem. How hard is it to just RESET A PASSWORD

Re: chg account password feature is broken past 2 days
esquiremom4
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the deal?  For the past two days I keep geting "The Verizon User ID xxxxxxx has been locked by Verizon or due to unsuccessful log in attempts. Visit myverizon.com/entermypin to reset."  Then, while I am able to reset the password (over an dover), an old "comcast" email shows up on my notification.  But when I go into "my profle" to change it my current verizon email, only the verizon email is listed and the comcast address is nowhere to be found.  Is someone hacking the Verizon accounts? 

Locked out of residential account
Kaye1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have received repeated texts over the past day that my account was locked do to repeated attempts to access it.  These attempts were not made by me, however I am now unable to access my account.  The site requires that I either unlock it via land line, or enter my account number.  Although my account is paired with a home line, I do not actually even own a phone for to retrieve it with, and I use online billing so I do not have my account number.

To make things more complicated I had my name legally changed 2 years ago, and all attempts to have it updated on my account by sending the court order have been flatly ignored.  (verizon wireless complied with the order immediately)

So basically it looks like someone's trying to hack my account, but I can't get in or prove who I am...I'm honestly wishing at this point that I just canceled my account and gone with another service provider. 

Re: Locked out of residential account
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received a simular/same text yesterday (first time) on my (non verizon) phone . I can however access my residential FIOS account . Ive not done any multiple attempts on anything FIOS that comes to mind , except maybe on my Roku 3 to get access to some FIOS only content ; but that was quite a few days ago and all seems ok on that too .

Other than the Roku thing , any constant/repeated tries as of late on any of my FIOS account(s) are NOT being cunducted by me or any other family member  (and must be a hack attack , that Verizon should be made aware of )

Seems like , in my case that it "maybe" just a text phishing attempt . Iam going to re-check a my FIOS goodies and report back later if I find out anything further . 

Btw , heres the  word for word  text message I received (quoted) :

From sender : 89611 (???)

"The Verizon user ID sxxxxxx5 has been locked by Verizon or due to unsuccessful login attempts . Visit myverizon.com/entermypin to reset" 

Kaye1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, I don't even have a FIOS account, but the mod decided to bury my email here? in a thread with only 4 other people and no CSR responses or instructions?

I have still recieved no response about how to solve my actual problem....  

Also the only option other than going out and BUYING a phone is to have the PIN mailed via USPS, which is utterly ridiculous.  Why do I have to wait 7-10 days to access my account.  Why am I being punished for verizon not having better security measures in place.  Can't you send it to the same email address you send my billing too?  or the phone that you send me lock-out alerts on?

I work 50+ hours a week and go to school at nights. I depend on my home internet, and cannot afford to waste hours dealing with verizon over this.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a peer to peer support forum and Verizon technicians do not monitor it. However we have merged threads on the issue in order to have a central location in which to gather information that can be passed along to Verizon.

verizon email password change function does not work
robinbird1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Elizabeth, 

We understand that this is a customer message posting function.  We have no other way for open public communication with verizon.  at 10:55 am 18 Sept 2014 the change password function still does not work.  That means the password function of verizon email is not secure.  Hope you will we able to provide an explanation of the problem and estimated time of correction. 

Regards

Re: verizon email password change function does not work
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
Re: verizon email password change function does not work
robinbird1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for the response. However, this statement on email lock-out does not address the issue of the change password function which still does not work on Sat 12:12 pm 20 Sep 2014.  I can login to my email.  I access "Accounts & Services" , then on the left side click on profile, then click on Account Settings - Manage, then click on "Change Password", then enter - old password - new password - confirm new password - submit

the response window - which appears only for a few seconds says - Error - Unable to update please try again later.

Appreciate any info you can provide on this issue and when it will be fixed.

Regards