CMR Charges
vfkeech
Enthusiast - Level 1

As with many people on this Forum, I too have had issues with a Company called CMR harrassing me about payment for replacing a cut fiber line that was only buried inches below grade.  At first I took this as a scam and called Verizon to discuss the problem.  They told me that they do NOT bill through third party companies.  They then offered to waive any charges if I signed a two year contract, which I did.  I was totally convince that CMR was a scam outfit but they sent me a letter authorizing them to process claims for damages to Verizon's property.  Assuming CMR is legitimate, there seems to be a communication issue betweeen CMR and Verizon because CMR still keeps calling and writing even though those charges should have been waved.  This needs to be resolved, Cox cable has a bundle deal that will more than make up for this charge if I'm forced to go that route!

0 Likes
Re: CMR Charges
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi vfkeech,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
vfkeech
Enthusiast - Level 1

So - this sounds suspiciously like a stock answer.  From now forward lets focus on the part about a Verizon representative telling me that they would waive the fee if I signed a two year contract, which - as I said - I did.  Do you plan on honoring that deal and calling CMR off?  If not then can I assume I'm not locked into Verizon for the next two years and am free to switch companies?  If this is beyond your abilities please forward to your manager.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes