Complaint - lying customer service
lexxius1

Lying
Hi,

First, if anybody knows how to file a complaint with Verizon - this information will be much appreciated.

Second, I am not interested in any support or problem resolution - just complaint. Below is the issue:

My FIOS router died on Monday April, 20. I called Verizon customer service in the evening (around 8 PM ET) and asked if there is any way I can get replacement ASAP. I was willing to drive a distance to get it, because I need the Internet at home 24/7 for the job I do. The representative told me that there was no other way to get the replacement router other than through UPS shipment. He told me that the router would be shipped on Tuesday, April 21 by UPS Next Day and I would get it by the end of day on Wednesday, April 22. I was already seriously inconvenienced by the lack of internet, and made arrangement regarding my job duties fully expecting to have the FIOS working on the Wednesday evening.

When I did not get the router on April 22, I called Verizon again and found out that for some reason my router was scheduled to be delivered on Friday the 24. The representative could not tell me why this happened. As of now (April 23, 11.30 AM) according to the UPS tracking my router still haven't left Verizon and I can only hope that I will receive it tomorrow. As a result I need to change a lot of things again - my week was a slow train-wreck.

I have been  Verizon customer for  5 years and did not have any issues, and had good opinion about the comapny (especially considering that I switched from Comcast). But at this point I am extremely disappointed and dissatisfied .

I really want this information to get to Verizon management and I want some answers. Was the first Verizon rep simply lying to me when he promised Wednesday delivery? Or did somebody decide that I did not really need a router that fast?

Also, I think that Verizon should have some equipment stock locally (at least to loan) for such a cases.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint - lying customer service
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a FiOS store nearby, or see a technician around, try asking them for a router. Either one should be able to provide.

0 Likes
coffmans2

Verizon lies about everything! I had them for my wireless too and finally got rid of them. I couldn't be happier. I am getting rid of them all together now and I will be sure to tell everyone how horrible they are!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most ISPs will not provide any guarantee o service for residential Internet.

If you want more responsive restoral, you would need to purchase business class.

That being said, I agree that a few days for it to even be shipped is not good service.

Have you contacted support again? Maybe try chat or twitter (@verizon support)?

There is not a documented way to regster a complaint to Verizon themselves other than via support.

0 Likes
lexxius1

My biggest issue is not the time it took to ship it (while it is certainly too long), but the fact that they gave me false information. If I new that it would not arrive untoil Friday, I buy some used FIOS router off craigslist  immediately and I wopuld not reschedule some aoppointments the way I did.

0 Likes