Connecting Coax from ONT to my router
tzang
Enthusiast - Level 1
I recently ordered Verizon (internet only) and rented a router from Verizon as well. When I went to install my router in my apartment, I saw that just the ONT was in my apartment, not an Ethernet port and coax port like it shows on the directions or how I've had it in other apartments. Do I need to unplug the coax from the ONT in my apartment and then into my router or will I just need to plug the Ethernet cable from my router to the ONT?

If more information is needed I am more than able to provide it, thanks.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting Coax from ONT to my router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is pretty common in an apartment setup for the ONT to be inside somewhere. Just connect the router to the ONT via coax or ethernet. If your speed is 150 mbps or above it must be on ethernet. A speed of 100 mbps or below can be on coax but may be on ethernet depending on how Verizon activated your data.

View solution in original post

Re: Connecting Coax from ONT to my router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is pretty common in an apartment setup for the ONT to be inside somewhere. Just connect the router to the ONT via coax or ethernet. If your speed is 150 mbps or above it must be on ethernet. A speed of 100 mbps or below can be on coax but may be on ethernet depending on how Verizon activated your data.