Connecting to Eero wifi
Butchie2

Is it possible to eliminate the Fios router and connect my Eero system directly to the ONT with an ethernet cable

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting to Eero wifi
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. You will have to call Verizon to change you from MoCA to ethernet unless you are already on ethernet. 

If you are on ethernet already you might need to release your DHCP by logging into router at 192.168.1.1 and clicking My Network/Network connections/Broadband connection/Settings and scroll down and click Release. After that plug the ethernet from ONT into your Eero and you should be good. 

If you have FiOS TV you will also need a MoCA adapter. For STBs to get On Demand/IMG. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. You will have to call Verizon to change you from MoCA to ethernet unless you are already on ethernet. 

If you are on ethernet already you might need to release your DHCP by logging into router at 192.168.1.1 and clicking My Network/Network connections/Broadband connection/Settings and scroll down and click Release. After that plug the ethernet from ONT into your Eero and you should be good. 

If you have FiOS TV you will also need a MoCA adapter. For STBs to get On Demand/IMG. 

Karatin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!

Coax to ethernet, does it influence speed or bandwidth?

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Karatin wrote:

Thank you!

Coax to ethernet, does it influence speed or bandwidth?

Yes. A coax connection from the ONT is limited to 100 mbps. An ethernet connection from the ONT can do gigabit speed.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes