Connecting to FIOS - Engineering
dkmeyers

Hello.  I am begging that someone can actually help me.  We have spoken with customer service a number of times yet are still no closer to getting FIOS.  We recently are finishing building a new house in the middle of an established neighborhood. Our new house sits at the corner of two streets.  We can tell from our neighbors, the Verizon webpage as well as speaking with customer service who was able to pull up the service map, that all of the homes in our neighborhood have FIOS. However, when engineering reviewed the request they stated that since our house is on the even side of the street, only the odd side gets FIOS (being serviced from the street behind the odd street).  That is completely not true.  We know this because (i) customer service looked it up on the Verizon map that all of the houses on our side of the street, as well as all of the houses down the side street as we are on the corner, have FIOS and therefore agreed it was incorrect, (ii) our neighbors told us they have FIOS and (iii) we could see that they all have FIOS including on our side of the street as well as the cross street since we sit on a corner lot.  Our neighbors all confirm this.  We cannot move into our home until it is set up for internet and TV and phone.  Here we are wanting to pay Verizon over $200/month indefinitely and yet we can get no assistance.  Whatever records the engineering reviewed are either old or just incorrect - EVERY HOUSE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD HAS FIOS and we just need it connected to our house. Absolutely no one is able to help us. I am more than happy to go with engineering to our neighborhood to show them our house and the neighbors who all have FIOS.  I would pay for this because I need internet to work from home.  Unfortunately if this cannot be resolved we will have to go with XFINITY which we would much prefer to go with FIOS as have all of our neighbors.  I am begging for assistance.  Thank you in advance.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting to FIOS - Engineering
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your address is a new address, Verizon will probably need to add it to the database. Try posting in this forum for assistance: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Try ordering phone service, even if you don't need it. No matter what, Verizon has to hook that up. They will deliver it over FiOS in FiOS areas. Copper is dead the moment the Fiber is lit up unless a special requirement is needed.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your address is a new address, Verizon will probably need to add it to the database. Try posting in this forum for assistance: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Try ordering phone service, even if you don't need it. No matter what, Verizon has to hook that up. They will deliver it over FiOS in FiOS areas. Copper is dead the moment the Fiber is lit up unless a special requirement is needed.

dkmeyers

Thank you very much. 

0 Likes
dkmeyers

I wanted to really thank you as the phone installation route is what worked.  We could not get Verizon to install the FIOS triple play so we did what you suggested and ordered just the phone service.  When the technician arrived to install the phone he said he would not be using copper and instead FIOS and wanted to know why we did not want FIOS for everything.  He made a phone call and they are coming next week to install full FIOS for our house.  All the best.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Excellent news. Glad to hear that trick worked! Makes you AND Verizon happy.

0 Likes