Connection issue
Colombo22

For months now I lose from time to time the internet connection. The light on the modem turns "amber" and does not recover until I restart manually the whole system. Verizon explained me once to remove the backup batteries and disconnect the power, wait a few seconds and the whole system restarts. But this happened various times so they changed my modem twice, they removed a connection in the house, they changed the box outside the home. Today the "amber" light came out again and after 10 minutes waiting I just went in the basement and restarted the system. Is anyone having similar issues and if resolved what was done? Apparently the whole cable outside may need to be replaced. 

0 Likes
Re: Connection issue
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If possible, have they tried a new run of Coaxial cable? There's a reasonable chance, if the Fiber being dirty isn't to blame that it could be the coaxial cable is having some issues. There is a good measurement of how the Coax cable is doing by looking at the MoCa statistics, specifically the speed. See this: https://secure.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios/3.2_MOCA#16569

Ideally it should be above 200. If it's right at 200 or lower I would pay attention to the quality of the coaxial cable.

0 Likes