Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Connection will not reach advertised speeds.

dkd46041
Contributor
Contributor

Connection will not reach advertised speeds.

Message 1 of 4
(1,091 Views)

Could anyone shed some light on this issue? 

I have the 15Mbps/5Mbps package with Verizon Fios, however I noticed that my speed with downloading (and possible web-surfing) is signficantly slower than either of the above speeds, whether connected using wireless or an ethernet cable.

When using Steam for example, I reach download rate sof about 1.2 Mbps at a friend's house.

When at my own location which uses Fios, it reaches a maximum of aroud 750 KB/s.

This is with multiple programs, whether it be Google Chrome, Steam, Origin, iTunes, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
TonyaD_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Connection will not reach advertised speeds.

Message 2 of 4
(1,046 Views)
dkd46041,

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

doggs711
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(992 Views)

I too have this problem. I just had the Triple play installed 11/08/11, and the internet is slower than DSL I had. The TV channel selection is slow, Had Dishnetwork and

channel selection is much faster and could access the boxes faster.

I'm wondering if I made the right choice now. I just hope I don't have to make many phone calls and not speak to someone in another country.

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(935 Views)

It might be a good idea to consider posting up another topic so that we can better help you get to the bottom of what is going on.

@doggs711 wrote:

I too have this problem. I just had the Triple play installed 11/08/11, and the internet is slower than DSL I had. The TV channel selection is slow, Had Dishnetwork and

channel selection is much faster and could access the boxes faster.

I'm wondering if I made the right choice now. I just hope I don't have to make many phone calls and not speak to someone in another country.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title