Re: Fios disconnection on Macbook
rmpoeiroiewqur
Enthusiast - Level 2

and wireless!  it's a laptop.  Was testing out Fios before we disconnected comcast.  given all the problems i've had with the macbook - not sure my family will agree to disconnect comcast.  

Re: Fios disconnection on Macbook
smp11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem! Had an old Fios router (5 years) then just upgraded to new router a few months ago and my MacBook will not stay connected to internet. All other devices (streaming, iPad, Alexa, phone, PC, etc) stay connected no problem. Have spent about 8 hours on the phone with apple over the past month - went so far as to completely erase my MacBook and reinstall everything and no help. In desperation requested a new router from Verizon and still same problem. Any else having this issue? 

Re: Connectivity varies/fails depending on device (gigabit home)
smp11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue! So frustrating. 

Any updates on fixing or is it a lost cause?

Same issue here
GregClick1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue as well......anyone have a solution?

Re: Same issue here
Dcgino
Enthusiast - Level 2

having the same issue.  does anyone have a fix?  need to work and have no other options because our building is only wired for verizon.  thanks

0 Likes
Dcgino
Enthusiast - Level 2

has anyone noticed this issue resolves itself over a few days?

0 Likes
Dcgino
Enthusiast - Level 2

after 5 hours trying to resolve the agent changed the router setting from auto to channel 6.  has this helped anyone else?

0 Likes
Dcgino
Enthusiast - Level 2

its crazy that i have to resort to connecting my mac to an ethernet cord.  any help would be appreciated.  thanks

0 Likes
Dcgino
Enthusiast - Level 2

The solution that seems to have worked for now for me was to do the following - 

1.  Turn off SON (self organizing network)

2.  Enable a 5g connect that is separate from the 2g connection

3.  Click "save settings on reboot" in router

Hope this helps other people.  Took many wasted hours on the phone with support and then reading the router user manual.

CZW

Trying to get this done to mine now. Did it work for you?? 

0 Likes