Re: Connectivity varies/fails depending on device (gigabit home)
CZW

It may be a MacBook issue! 

I just did the update for the system and so far it hasn't cut out in two hours. 

Fingers crossed. 

Good luck out there! 

0 Likes
Haddon1

HI,

Can you share what you did to resolve the drop connection to MacBook Pro? I have only been with Verizon for 14days and this is ridiculous. Wifi does not stay connected. Stays connected on iPhone, Smart Bulbs, and Fire Stick. The fire stick wasnt performing well and then a tech came out and removed one of the router channels. He said there is a national issue going on with one of the router channels (assume its the 5G one or the one higher than 2.4 ghz)

Anyone have suggestions on resolving the dropping of Wifi connection for a 2017 MacBook Pro?

0 Likes
QuietWaters1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Disabled SON on CR1000A and setup separate 2.4 and 5GHz access.  This solved problem for me.

0 Likes
Squirrel21

How do you go about step 2 of your solution? Enabling separate 5g? 

0 Likes
suchitsundaram
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for me as well. Life saver. I had spent so much time on this. going back and forth with apple store and what not. Verizon needs to look into this firmware support

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes