Contract expiring and about to discontinue our Fios service
FRUSTRATED72

I to am about to cancel our Fios. OUr contract expires in the next few weeks. Unfortunately it has gotten to the point that we have literally been held hostage for over a year now by verizon and there inability to listen and fix a major problem. I only hope others don't go through what my wife and I have been through over the past year.

About this time last year when all the Verizon staff were on strike, we randomly lost our phone. It was dead. We thought no big deal, it will come back on. After a few days it was still dead and on top of that our TV and Internet went out. All of this happened without any notification or anything. So my wife called (the first 8 phone calls) to find out what was going on and to get our services back. Even though our account was paid in full, the person on the other end was dumbfounded as to why our service was disconnected. At that point the rep was able to get our TV and Internet service back on, but could not access our phone number to keep our triple play. I thought no big deal, they will work it out. We 11 hours of talking time with 8 different phone reps and two in person meetings with the local verizon dealership and we got no where getting our phone back. Our number repeatedly came up unavailable. So we gave up, and now, with our contract expiring, I wanted to see if Verizon would be concerned about this situation at all.

Funny enough, I spoke with a {edited for privacy} from verizon who gave us some hope in not only getting our number back but offering to make things right for all the issues we have had. Unfortunately another ball was dropped when he said he would send me an email with his verizon email address and communicate through that as he didnt have a direct line. 4 emails to him later giving him a time to call me, he hasn't replied. Just incredible and I am sure most people would think this is unacceptable. Becuase of this, we have no choice but to go elsewhere... later Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: Contract expiring and about to discontinue our Fios service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FRUSTRATED7,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes