Could Verizon be preventing me from trying to activate a software license?
bcolthart

I've purchased software requiring 'live activation' by entering a serial number while connected to internet.

I'm getting a message from the software indicating there's an internet connection problem.

My Mac (OS 10.4.11) has ethernet conection directly to FiOS modem. I've deactivated the Mac's firewall and file sharing; there's no other internet blockage I'm aware of on my machine.

Is it possible that it is a Verizon issue, and how can I check? i have not downloaded or bought any security 'extras' from Verizon.

On the Software side, I've been assured by the helpful publisher that the serial number has been tested on their end and works, and that I am the fist person reporting an activation problem. There conclusion is that it is an internet conection problem.

There are no other internet access symptoms that I'm aware of.

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Likes
Re: Could Verizon be preventing me from trying to activate a software license?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Kept having that problem with a Windows server 2008, reporting a dns error when trying to activate.

Finally after 2 days realized that I had transposed 2 chars in the key when I entered it during installation - nice of MS to report an invalid activation key as a DNS error.  Changed the key via control panel and it activated immediately.

Probably not your problem but maybe.

Did you try tracerting to the activation server to see if it is getting there?

I would be fairly certain that's it's a user error and not VZ as they would have nothing to gain by blocking your activation of a product.  Also activation is an outbound process so isn't likely to be a firewall issue.