Re: CR1000A and G3100 MAJOR ISSUES!
famato1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disable IPv6 and your issue should be resolved. Curious to hear how it goes. 

0 Likes
dg224
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried disabling IPv6 many months ago and just again today. No difference whatsoever. I disabled it on both the router and Intel NIC. I've absolutely had it with this issue. Verizon canceled my tech appointment randomly today too. They will be coming out tomorrow. I highly doubt anything productive will come from it. I want the speeds I pay for. I have two houses. One has perfect 900/900+ mbps speeds. Other one literally has 1/10th the speed. Same gigabit plan. Enough is enough. They are scamming me every month by not giving me what I pay for and then making me go through the same nonsense troubleshooting steps 10 times in a row before agreeing to send someone out. I would think they would treat their customers who have multiple accounts with them and are decades-long customers of both their home and wireless service better...

0 Likes
dg224
Enthusiast - Level 3

So after months of issues the problem has been "solved." Two techs came out to look at the network. They saw the upload speeds on my computer and claimed it was a "device issue" very confidently because their own remote test on my network showed normal speeds to the router. Well, as other people in this thread have also noticed, this issue manifests with normal Verizon speed tests but VERY POOR real-world performance. They weren't so confident when they ended up plugging in their own Verizon devices to the router and seeing the horrible speeds. Then they finally admitted there might be an issue after getting 50 mbps on a 1 gbps network... So they replaced the ONT with another Nokia model. When I asked them if they could instead use the new Calix model, they had no idea what I was even talking about. So the replacement Nokia ONT did not fix the issue. Then they wanted to replace the router again. I told them it would be a waste of time because I had already swapped out the CR1000A for a replacement with no fix. So then the tech wanted to try to give me a G3100. I asked if they had any G1100s instead because I used that for 7 years and had no problems (and tried the G3100 a couple of years ago and it was horrible). They didn't, but they were able to go back to the facility to get one for me to use.

So while waiting they tried to troubleshoot the CR1000A. I was told I was having issues with the speed because I changed the WiFi name and password! The issue was occurring in both wireless mode and wired mode. I have no idea how they were able to say that with a straight face. I also mentioned how this was the second router with the same issue. Surely other customers were also complaining about this router, right? Nope. According to them, they never have any problems. By what I have seen online and my own experience, this is basically impossible. Most people using these routers are probably getting much slower upload speeds than they are paying for.

So, as soon as I got the G1100, the download and upload speeds shot up to 900 mpbs. Everything works perfectly. I kind of knew this was the case from the beginning, but I wanted to test Verizon to see how they would respond to this issue and to see if there was a fix for the CR1000A router because they gave it to me for free and I wanted to be able to use WiFi 6E. Oh well. I would rather have gigabit download and uploads 100% of the time instead of having worthless 50 mbps uploads in the real world like I did on the CR1000A. The techs also did not seem bothered by this. They just wanted to get it done and get out ASAP. No one admitted I was right and that the router was inherently flawed to a point where Verizon techs could not get it to work at over 1/20th the speeds I pay for. I also asked if they thought it was an issue between the CR1000A and the old ONT (since CR1000A and Calix ONT rolled out at the same time) and was laughed at (even though they didn't even know Verizon had a new ONT out yet). But my hunch is that it has something to do with the issue.

So my advice to anyone else experiencing this issue with CR1000A or G3100 - GET RID OF THEM ASAP AND SAVE YOURSELF TIME! They are inherently flawed and do not give advertised speeds (CR1000A straight up barely works and gives 1/20th the upload speeds and G3100 has inferior wired uploads to G1100). The G1100 works incredibly well by comparison. As soon as the G1100 was installed, my upload speeds went up by an order of magnitude. Also, don't listen to them when they say third-party speed tests cannot be used to test. With the G1100 I get 900 mbps+ across downloads and uploads on third-party speed test servers. Google Drive uploads of the same file went from taking nearly a day to now 15 minutes. These third-party tests are the best because they test real-world usage and not just meaningless numbers Verizon uses to claim there is not a problem. 

Killmas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love how this thread has a solution now, but the solution is what we've been saying, that the CR1000A is a problem and the solution is to not use it. Not exactly a solution...

0 Likes
dg224
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with you. There is no real solution to fixing these useless routers that I am aware of. So the "solution" for me is to use the G1100 because it works flawlessly and gives me gigabit speeds at all times. But when the 2 gbps plan comes to my area I will probably be forced to use something like an Asus router that supports 2 gbps or faster speeds (local network will probably be wired for 10 gbps).

0 Likes
aaronwtfios1
Contributor - Level 1

I got a CR1000A a few weeks ago. I have had no problem saturating the 10GbE connection. WIth the 10GbE WAN connection connected to one of my 10GbE switches. And the 10GbE LAN connection with one of my PCs. Transferring between two PCs and their NVMe Drives. I get the same speeds as before the CR1000A was in place. Which maxes out the 10GbE connection at around 9.4Gbps. And over wireless with both WiFi 6 and WiFi6E? I can max out my Fios Gigabit internet connection. Something I could never do with my old WiFi 5 Access Points.

0 Likes
dg224
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's very strange that many of us are having issues with horrible upload speeds that are immediately fixed by switching to a different router but yours is working perfectly fine. Which ONT do you have? The older Nokia one? The Verizon techs saw the issue but had NO idea whatsoever about what was causing it or how to fix it. I am not exaggerating when I say my G1100 gets 10x better uploads than the CR1000A did (and I tried two different CR1000As with factory settings and after being configured).

0 Likes
aaronwtfios1
Contributor - Level 1

My ONT was last replaced in 2012. But my CR1000A is not connected to my ONT. I use an Asus router connectwd to my ONT. My CR1000A WAN. Port is connected to one of my 10GbE switches.

I was considering connecting my CR1000A to my ONT, but I decided to keep my Asus router in place. Since I have more info about traffic available. And I plan on picking up a second CR1000A and an E3200. They will replace several of my Asus Access Points I am currently using. That only have WiF5.

0 Likes
dg224
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting. I personally think it's an issue between the CR1000A and direct connections to the ONT, considering your speeds are perfectly fine.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Two CR1000A is going to fight for dominance over E3200. You can only have one G3100 or CR1000A.