Re: CR1000A and G3100 MAJOR ISSUES!
AGCJin

This seems related to my experience.  Verizon just sent me a CR1000A to replace my G1100.  Everything is fine on 2 laptops (one wired and one wireless) and 2 phones using wi-fi.  In fact, the Wi-Fi signal is stronger so we want to use the CR1000A.  However, speeds are terrible on one desktop.  Disabling IPv6 on the router brought everything back to where it was with the G1100.  I'll check tonight, but maybe the NIC in the Desktop is older and unhappy with IPv6.

0 Likes
dg224
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also tried disabling IPv6 both in the router and in the NIC. It made absolutely no change for me and still had the horrible speeds. I'm glad it seems like it might be working for you.

0 Likes
aaronwtfios1
Contributor - Level 1

I switched my CR1000A units to pure Access Points. Where my main router assigns all the IP addresses. But to do this, the uplink needs to be on a LAN port.

I had hoped the CR1000A had a true AP mode. Where you connect to the WAN port and select AP mode. That way, I could still use the LAN 10GbE port to connect to a PC.  

But I'll just need to keep my PCs connected directly to my main 10GbE switch or to my secondary 10GbE switches. Since the other two LAN ports are only 2.5GbE. I really wish all the CR1000A ports were 10GbE capable, then this wouldn't be an issue.

Plus, using the CR1000A as a true AP, means I cannot access any info from it. I need to move the uplink from the LAN port to the WAN port to be able to make any changes to the settings. But I guess I understand why Verizon doesn't have a true AP option for the CR1000A. Since they probably don't want their customers using it this way.

But my two CR1000A units have been rock solid. So I can't complain. I currently have five WiFi 6E 6Ghz capable devices, with hopefully more coming in the next few months, as I upgrade more devices. So, as an AP for WiFi 6E and WiFi6(with 802.11ax) devices, I have been very pleased with my two CR1000A units. For the devices that are capable, they have no problem maxing out my Fios gigabit Internet speeds over WiFi from the CR1000A.

pius1

Recently got a CR1000A and running into the same issue with my wired moca connection, regular gig download but around 30 upload. What's funny is the only reason I have the gig plan and this new router is because I contacted Verizon a few weeks ago about getting a gimped upload speed on my 300 symmetrical plan and they gave me both these for cheap, only for the problem to be even worse with this new router. It looks like this thread is still live, should I just give up on this router and ask them to replace it with a G1100? The CR1000B user guide is available when I google it, is it in circulation and does it fix this problem?

0 Likes
aaronwtfios1
Contributor - Level 1

I just ordered my third CR1000a off of eBay. Hopefully there are no issues with it. Since it is an open box. The first two I got off eBay were brand new. And they have been rock solid.

0 Likes
Killmas
Enthusiast - Level 2

@pius if you are connecting the Verizon router to the ONT and using it as your main router, recommend sticking with the G1100. No fixes as of yet to making the CR1000A when connected to the ONT as main router regaining full upload.

0 Likes
Captain17
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just would like to jump in Disabling IPV6 also worked for me. Made everything go back to the speeds I had with the G1100.

clrones
Enthusiast - Level 1

A guy (ahecht)  on Reddit stated the following:

ahecht
·2 mo. ago

As far as I can tell, they're two different versions of the same router made by different manufacturers. The A is made by Wistron NeWeb, whereas the B is made by Arcadyan Technology (the same manufacturer that made the G3100).

The CR1000B is 2/3 of a pound heavier, and while the CR1000A has one light for 1Gbps ethernet and another for 2.5/10Gbps, the CR1000B was one light for <1Gbps and another for 1/2.5/10Gbps. Other than that, the specs are identical.

0 Likes
Aeris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Intel is aware and working on driver issues for this.  (I've tried a couple of ethernet cards with both the CR1000A and the G3100 and it doesn't work)

In the meantime I found a workaround.   I use a USB-C to Ethernet adapter and get 825 download and 925 upload.   The connection is stable and pages download fast.  There is no lag.  

Hope this helps!  

James702283
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having this same issue after having a c1000b installed which is connected directly to the ONT. I was able to fix the extremely low upload speeds by changing a few adapter settings. I have two ethernet adapters on my desktop pc. One intel and one realtek. The settings I changed on the realtek were disabling “energy efficient ethernet”, “gigabyte lite” and power saving” and changing the speed duplex from auto to my plan speed. On the intel port I just disabled energy efficient ethernet and set the speed duplex to 1GB. I also did this on a second wired desktop with an intel adapter I have in another room. Since doing that my download and upload speeds are both steady at over 900+ MBPS. It seems installing this modem/router changes your adapter settings. Changing those settings to what I wrote above has fixed any issues I had with slow upload speeds.

Tags (1)