[CR1000A] Losing connection. DHCPC.sh and WAN Detection
theratoni

After years of no issues at all with our Fios, we recently started seeing connection issues (entire connection going down.)   Decided to update the router and also updated to a 1 GB connection last weekend which came with CR1000A router.  

Still seeing the connections issues, but the detailed logs of the CR1000A are giving me some hints and it absolutely looks to be on the verizon side.  Here are logs from two outages that happened yesterday.

It always starts with an event when dhcpc.sh will release our main IP, and it can't seem to renew it.  wan_detection then keeps throwing an error.  This can last anytime from 5 minutes, up to 30/40 minutes at a time.  the entire system goes dead.  I would love to try to troubleshoot this before calling Verizon as we all know how those tech support calls go.  But this is just a major pain right now - especially since my wife works for home exclusively and I am also here a few days a week.   Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: [CR1000A] Losing connection. DHCPC.sh and WAN Detection
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

ARP failure is indicative of a bad PON line. You would likely need a truck roll to fix this. When you contact the official support, please ask to check the ONT/OLT alarms and specifically the optical power level.

0 Likes