Customer Service Experience Issues Upgrading to Triple Play Package
dlin10105
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just need someone to contact me about my issue. 

First, I must apologize for sending this to as many people as I could find. I am getting nowhere over the phone and on the forums. There is just no contact for anyone to help me.

I am writing about my most recent triple play package experience, which started on 4/15. I did not want too much time to pass in case there were issues that may be missed.

Please note, I was an existing double play package customer with NO contract obligations prior to this experience. I started a web chat with a representative online. Based on the information provided, I was quoted $165-$170 monthly for two years on 4/15 with all taxes and surcharges included.   Please also note, I noticed plenty of offers (i.e. $400 gift card, $200 gift card, tablet, discount premium channels, etc) after the fact. In addition my previous cable provider was providing additional equipment (DVR) and free premium channels for $20 less than what I am paying now if I renewed my contract. I asked numerous times with verizon, if I should have cancelled my double play package and just renew my Verizon package as a new customer, so that I could receive all of the benefits that are being offered. However, none of that was confirmed.

Another issue, which I would like to address is the entire self-installation process. I received the equipment on 4/16. I called a technician (Don was his name) and explained to him my entire set up (wiring, splitters, etc) a day before, so that I would be prepared. Please note, I took Friday 4/17 and Saturday 4/18 off to deal with this issue. He said my splitters were compatible and all of my wiring sounded like it would be just fine. I was already out fitted with a “home run” for all of my existing cable boxes. Roll forward to Friday, 4/17. I followed all instructions, and was able to get 2 out of the 6 boxes running. I called customer service again and spoke to Judya from the technology dept. Her advice was- ALL of my coaxial cables would need to be replaced. And all of my splitters were NOT compatible. To my surprise, I was shocked that this was the advice given to me. I asked around, and even stopped a Verizon technician on the street to seek out advice. His remarks were completely opposite to what Judya recommended. He said I need a 6 and 2 splitter and that was it, there was no need to replace all of my cables. FYI- I was only given one 2 and 1 splitter. The night of 4/16, I was very frustrated at this point and called back again. This time, I spoke to Justin from the technology dept. We were on the phone for over 2+ hours. We tried troubleshooting the 4 boxes that did not work to no avail. Justin proceeded to arrange for a technician to come out on Saturday 8am-12pm. He mentioned there “might” be a charge for the technician to come out. At this point, out of principle I voiced my disagreement for this possible charge, in addition to all the customer service problems I encountered. We confirmed the appointment for Saturday, April 18th. 

On Saturday, April 18th, a local technician by the name of Barbara arrived at 8:30am. Please note, she did not leave until 11:45am. Upon entering, she inspected all of my wiring, splitters, fios boxes inside and outside of the hours and concluded that I did everything correctly. The problem was the four boxes that I received- they were “DAMAGED”/not working. Barbara spoke to a Verizon rep who advised her to go back to her truck to get four new boxes to replace the four that did not work. She did not have the boxes in her van, so she went back to the Verizon garage to get four new ones. She agreed that my coaxial cables were fine and did not need to be replaced! Luckily, I did not follow Judya’s advice on replacing that since that would have been a huge job. I would like to compliment both Justin and Barbara for their time and patience on getting this all resolved.

To my disappointment, here are the following issues that I would like addressed and documented.

• Zero accountability or oversight for reps communicating to customers online via web chat. Please try and pull up the two web chat conversations I had on 4/15. Unfortunately, there was not option to save the chat. In addition, to overselling products or not being able to advise on the best deals out there.
  • I did not feel any incentive to sign on with Verizon since no rewards were given or provided. I should have cancelled my entire Verizon service and start out as a new customer.
  • I still feel I was not given a good deal on my triple play package
  • Technology dept- I feel strongly that reps in this dept must be experienced. Their advice really goes a long way and anything they say or recommend can impact a person’s next step. Unfortunately, the person I was dealing with had no knowledge or experience. I’m not that technology savvy but I did know that I did NOT have to replace all of my coaxial cables.
  •  Since no one else over the phone can help me. I much rather talk to someone live to go over this experience.

Thanks in advance,

DL

Re: Customer Service Experience Issues Upgrading to Triple Play Package
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dlin10105,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.