Daily Droped Internet line, VERY frustrating!
taychen

My problem is similar to others but not the same as well.

I have a business line FIOS internet & phone installed about one year ago. From about two months after installation I started loosing my internet every few days. Now I loose it EVERY SINGLE DAY, and it always seems to be sometime between 2 & 4;30PM.

i have a dLink DIR-850L (AC1200) router which I bought about a month before the FIOS install, the tech that did the install said it should workwhich it does very well with this exception. The biggest problem is that I have all my equipment hooked to it, including my credit card machine (also fairly new). It never fails that many days this happens when I'm trying to finalize a sale.

The only correction I have found is to reboot the router which takes several minnutes, frustrating when a customer is waiting.

I've talked to just about everyone about this and most suggest I talk to Verizon.

HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: Daily Droped Internet line, VERY frustrating!
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your router connected directly to the ont via ethernet?

0 Likes
taychen

I have a wire connecting it.

0 Likes
taychen

Just to show my naivety I'm not sure exactly is ment by "ont connected via ethernet"

Do you think my router is the problem?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@taychen wrote:

Just to show my naivety I'm not sure exactly is ment by "ont connected via ethernet"

Do you think my router is the problem?

The ONT is the box where the fiber optic line is connected.  It will be connected to the router by coax or ethernet or maybe both.
If your ONT is provisioned for ethernet connectivity you will have what looks like a telephone wire, though it will have 8 connector pins, connected from the ONT to the WAN port of your router and also if you have tv service you will have a coax, TV wire connector, from the ONT to your router.
If there is no wire connected to the WAN port of your router then your internet connection from the ONT to the router will be via the coax cable.

0 Likes
Riles2461

We lose our FIOS internet nearly daily from about 12-2pm, so you're definitely not alone.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you get error lights on your router?

What do you mean by losing Internet?

Can you get to nothing? Are you wired or wireless?

Can you access verizon.com during that time?

These will help determine if it is a local access issue or network issue.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The first thing Verizon is going to want you to do is hook up their router to see if the internet drops because they are not going to support your equipment or troubleshoot it for you.

0 Likes