Default Verizon/Yahoo Search Page...
Nancy_Gorman
Hi, I am wondering about the default verizon/yahoo search page that comes up if the browser can't find a good result to a string I type in the adress bar. I really don't like it. I understand that yahoo and verizon have a deal and all, but it is only frustrating as I don't use Yahoo. I can't change any settings to fix the problem on my end. Can't verizon give us a choice? It's annoying the hell out of me. Thanks.
0 Likes
Re: Default Verizon/Yahoo Search Page...
Herbz3
Enthusiast - Level 2

This seems to be more of a problem with your Web browser than Verizon's service.....

What web browser are you using? (Internet explorer? Firefox? Chrome?)

There are probably several tutorials on the internet just for this sort of "problem"...

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Nancy Gorman wrote:
Hi, I am wondering about the default verizon/yahoo search page that comes up if the browser can't find a good result to a string I type in the adress bar. I really don't like it. I understand that yahoo and verizon have a deal and all, but it is only frustrating as I don't use Yahoo. I can't change any settings to fix the problem on my end. Can't verizon give us a choice? It's annoying the hell out of me. Thanks.

There are many search engines on the Internet. Yahoo only being one of them. I prefer google myself. When you type something on the url line/ address bar, the browser tries to go to the domain name server and resolve the name, not the search engine. You need to type your search request in the search box on the Yahoo page. Or in what ever search provider you use. I use google.com , but it is up to user perference. I hope this advice reduces your annoyance.

Welcome to the Verizon forums.

0 Likes
jkiv
Contributor - Level 1

You can change the default search engine to whatever you like. 

1. Open Internet Explorer 

2. Click the arrow to the right of the search box.

3. Click "Change Search Defaults."

4. Click the search provider you would like to set as the default, click Set Default, and then click OK.

If you don't want to use any of the Search Engines in the existing list then in # 3 above select "Find More Providers".  You will be presented with a Web Page containing pretty much every search engine that exists. Select one or more to add to your list and then do # 3 Above.

0 Likes