Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

DHCP lease

k9cousin
Contributor
Contributor

DHCP lease

Message 1 of 2
(560 Views)

I just completed replacing my G1100 as a main router with a TP-LINK 6. The G1100 is still in setup to support FIOS TV services. All seems well and I released the DHCP as instructed on this forum.  For some reason the G3100 SSID is still broadcasting and I can still login.  Was I supposed to turn that off when I logged in to the router or did I not disconnect the G1100 quickly enough and it was reassigned another DHCP? Thanks for any insight

1 REPLY 1
Cang_Household
MVP MVP
MVP

Re: DHCP lease

Message 2 of 2
(531 Views)

That post on the Forums is out of date. We the CLs will update them in the near future.

With the new Fios TV One boxes, you cannot use a non-Verizon router without losing substantial Fios TV functions. When don’t you bridge your TP-Link and use the G1100/3100 as the primary router? What features in the TP-Link are you specifically looking for?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title