Did not order upgrade.
phou1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recieved an email today stating I had upgraded my Fios Internet to 50/25 plan. However nobody but myself should be able to log on and make changes! The order show it was done Feb 24, which is weird because today I don't remember ever making any changes to my account.

Re: Did not order upgrade.
Lisacap65

I am on the phone with them now with the same issue they say they can,t cancel it and when they can the speed I was getting prior to this is no longer available. I am steaming right now Typical verizon nonsense !!

0 Likes
phou1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called them and am on hold at the moment, the first rep said she will cancel it, while I am transfer and on hold with tech support to figure out who authorize this change.

I have suspect either my account is compromise or verizon made this change.

0 Likes
phou1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spoke to some guy name Andrew, he said it was a mistake on their part and that they would compensate it by giving me $10 off for a year so I can keep the 50/25 plan because my current 35/35 plan wasn't available anymore. After that he just went silent, 25 mintues later I just hung up.

I am so fed up with their tech support right now. First it was the tech installing my line and leaving it unsecure, left me without service for a week, then the tech showing up 4 hrs late for the schedule appointment and now this.

Verizon should atleast notify us by mail or email, not make changes and leave us in the dark like that. I am so angry.

0 Likes
DustySnowflake
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck getting that $10 each month. (you will have to call them every single month to remind them because they won't actually do it) Verizon was supposed to credit my installation charge (the one they sneak in as payment 3 payments of $16.66 for 3 months) Nope, never did, i had to call each month. I've had so many problems with verizon, I'm completely fed up. It took me 4 phone calls, and over 2 hours on the phone to just set up my autopay option. The only reason I set this up is because the website keeps glitching out when I try to pay online. Then I put my cell on the bill, as their "one bill" which was supposed to make my life easier and all it turned into was a nightmare. I somehow need to pay $217 in order to get my $73 credit back (which I my or my not get as the rep told me because I no longer have my wireless) Unfortunately, verizon fios can't see or understand verizon wireless and vice versa. This makes it 100 times harder when the reps can't even understand the process. Then, I was on the phone with a rep about this problem and because of my inconveniences she nicely offered Showtime as a 6 month complimentary apology. I just received my bill and I'm being charged for 50% of the "complimentary" offer (which I clearly stated that I do not want to add or pay any extra). Oye, I'm done. Extremely disappointed with this service.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

If you tune to channel 500, it will allow you to upgrade to 50/20. Anyone in your house do that? Not sure is surfing channels would make the change. You would think it would require an ack, and a double press on the channel 500 or something. Not sure.

Justin46
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

If you tune to channel 500, it will allow you to upgrade to 50/20. Anyone in your house do that? Not sure is surfing channels would make the change. You would think it would require an ack, and a double press on the channel 500 or something. Not sure.

If you go to channel 500 it says to press the FiOS TV button to upgrade. I don't know if any further button press is required after that, but I can certainly imagine someone accidentally upgrading if all that is required is one buton press.

Now all I have to do is worry whether just going to the channel automatically generated an upgrade for me....... Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

jdmaxell1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the same email.  I called support.  They could not explain it either.  Not authorized by me.  Since people here are having similiar problem, it sounds like "VERIZON GREMLINS" are in work on "THEIR" netowork.  Keep calling support, somebody may be able to figure out the glitch.  My personal feeling is that it is a Verizon scam to uprade you to unneccessary bandwidth teir and make extra money.  If not fixed soon, BBB will be hearing from me!  I will not be paying the upcharge.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Justin wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

If you go to channel 500 it says to press the FiOS TV button to upgrade. I don't know if any further button press is required after that, but I can certainly imagine someone accidentally upgrading if all that is required is one button press.

Now all I have to do is worry whether just going to the channel automatically generated an upgrade for me....... Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

Yea! That would be a dirty way of getting everyone off of the old plans, now wouldn't it? Funny thing is, I locked out purchasing, and have parental controls set on my one STB I have left. All of my old boxes wre the same, before I returned them. All my other TVs are on two Ceton InfiniTV PCIes with MCEs. 4 TVs on Extenders, and one CHS335HDC. Now I wonder, and I have asked this before, anyone try to tune to channel 500 when they have service greater than 50/20? Automatic downgrades would be bad.Smiley LOL

I wonder what would happen if I took my Ceton card to channel 500. I surf the guide, and not the channels. I am a guide surfer. Then I press OK if it is what I want to watch. This way I stay tuned to what I am on, and do not lose the audio stream. Hit exit or wait, the picture comes back.

Good Surfing.

Mark

0 Likes
phou1984
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm positive nobody in my house upgraded the service, but if they allowed anyone to upgrade that easily without account verification then that's really irresponsible on their part.