Disconnected Fios HD Box but billing continued
balv1098

I had FIOS Internet Service that included one HD Box and one non HD Box.  Verizon sent a new HD box and were told not to send back the the old HD box.  After we installed the new HD box, the old HD Box was disconnected.  Since we were directly instructed not to send it back, we figured when services ceased, the equipment would be return.  However, to our dismay, last month we were billed for the extra box.  Not only were we unjustly billed, but on top of that, we were charged with a Change of Service Fee.  I spoke with Customer Service Representative {edited for privacy} and was told that we would have to pay the fee because we had the box.  She ({edited for privacy}) could not remove any fees.  Any other question that I asked I was responded with “I don’t know.”  I asked to speak to a supervisor and after I long wait I was transferred to Beverly in Tampa.  From the moment she came on the line she was rude and short with me.  She went with the same story that she could not correct the error and reverse the fees. Beverly, made it sound as though it was a privilege that I had the box for that long and lucky that I was not charged more during these months. Why am I charged for something that I was told to do?!  As a matter of principle, I cannot pay a fee that is not my fault.  I reiterated to Beverly, that I should not have to pay the fee, since we were told not to ship the old HD box back.  Therefore, I cancelled my Cable TV and for the meantime have kept my internet and phone.  With all other companies keeping a customer that always pays their bill and has internet, cable and phone is a priority.  Not at VERIZON. She immediately sent me back to{edited for privacy} to cancel our subscription.  While in the process of disconnecting cable and in mid sentence {edited for privacy} cancelled my entire service.  She obviously didn’t know what she was doing.  I had to call back on my cell phone and was sent to technical support.  Thanks to Chad in technical support I was given back my phone and internet.  How is it that technical support is a better people person than customer service?!  I spent two hours and 15 minutes dealing with Verizon. Going back to the original question and heart of the problem. Has anybody else here ever been told not to send back their box and then charged later unexpectedly? 

0 Likes
Re: Disconnected Fios HD Box but billing continued
pdavis11

I've been overcharged more than $100 in the last two months because noone at Verizon can seem to ship a package to me.  They continue (4 times now) to ship packages to my old address.  Old as in 7 months ago.  I asked them to send me a set top-box and return postage to pack up 2 DVRs on 12/26.  IT'S FEBRUARY 2ND!!! I've been on hold for (no exaggeration) 5 hours over the last month trying to resolve this issue.  

They say that because I haven't sent the DVR's back to them, they can't reverse the charges.  The stores nearby can't accept the DVRs because that would be too helpful, and noone at the call center is willing to do anything more than repeat the same mistakes in shipping the previous reps have while I continue to pay a premium for services that I am not receiving.

I downgraded my package on Dec. 26th, to take affect when I recieved the shipment from Verizon.  It never came. I called back on the 1st to check on it, they said it could take up to 10 buisness days but they couldn't track the package as something was wrong with the tracking number.  

I was told the same thing on Jan. 5th initially until OH Wait a second, we show it was delivered to Henrico on Dec 29th.  Too bad I don't live in Henrico.  She said (I'm quoting the email here):

(edited to comply with forum guidelines)

She calls quite quickly after that, indicating that she is merging a call between UPS and I so that can file a claim, because it wasn't Verizon's fault.  I ask UPS where the package was addressed to and he says Henrico, VA.  I ask where it was delivered to, and he says Henrico, VA.  UPS did nothing wrong, they delivered it where it was supposed to go!  Then she says  to provide my phone number to UPS so that they can follow up with me regarding the claim.  I refuse as I want no responsibility for Verizon's error. 

It's at this point, I'm furious.  I demand a supervisor.  I'm told the supervisor can't do anything more that the rep can do. Great, give me a supervisor.  Super nice guy understands the rediculousness of the situation and says that Verizon will make it right.  We'll prorate your bill so that you won't have to incur any fees that are associated with our incompetence... here's the actual language (again, verbatum from the email correspondence):

Sounds like they got it right... but APPARENTLY that still requires me to get the boxes to them.  Which I can't do without the proper shipping containers and return address label they have to provide.

In fact I still haven't received any shipment from Verizon.  35 days later.

The last 35 days have been more of the same in my conversations with them... passing the blame onto their "system".
Our "system" won't allow me to change the shipment address and it looks right here so...
Our "system" won't allow me to change the charges on your account so....
Our "system" says you received the package...

YOUR SYSTEM IS BROKE AND YOUR CUSTOMER IS SUFFERING BECAUSE OF IT.  If there is a competent person at Verizon that reads this CONTACT ME.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello balv1098

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello pdavis1

An agent will also reach out to assist you with your issue.

0 Likes
Polgas

I have FIos internet.  Last Friday evening January 30th, my internet service went dark.  Rebooted the router, nothing.  Called up tech support, got a Felix on the line, and after all the remote testing, he said that our router must have malfunctioned and would send me a new.  Got the new as promised and on schedule on Feb 03rd.  Turned it on, nothing happened.  Rebooted it just to be sure but nothing happened.  Called customer service evening that same day, a Crystal got the call, and did the same remote testing... still no internet.  Got tech support in on the call.  No internet still.  She said a technician will be dispatched on the 04th.  I made it very clear that nobody will be home to let the tech in until 6pm and for the tech to call me on my cell phone. I repeated that several times and she said these will be noted on the repair ticket.  On the 04th, which was yesterday, I got home 5:50pm and waited for the tech.  Around 6:30 tech is still a no-show.  Picked the phone up to call customer service to ask where their tech was and noticed I have a message.  It was from the tech.  Remember the ticket placed that I asked to note to call me on my cell phone?  Yep, the tech calls me on the home landline with a message to call him back.  Does not leave a number, just a "please call me back on this number".  I have one of those old phones with no called ID screen.  So how the heck am I suppose to know what his number is???  He must have called earlier than 5:30pm because I got home that time and the phone did not ring after I got home.  Went ahead to call customer service... was told tech closed the ticket because I did not call back.  Hello, McFly!!!!!  I was told that another repair ticket will have to be placed for a tech to come today Feb 05th.  Made it clear again for the tech to call me on the cell phone and can only be let in the house after 6pm.  Asked the rep to repeat it lest there is some confusion.  And today I get an email saying the tech will be coming by at 10:15 to 11:15 am!  Don't the customer reps know that 6pm is not the same as 10:15am?????  Called customer service and said that they cannot have anybody come after 6pm and cannot understand why the rep said so.  What the????  The customer rep today, Mary Jo, said that the tech will only work until 4pm today.  And the soonest they can dispatch somebody out is on Saturday.  By then, I would have been without internet service for more than week.  I need that for my daughter for her school work.  Is this how Verizon has become?  From excellent customer service to supper crappy service where the customer reps and tech cannot understand simple notes anymore?  I have always bragged to my friends that their AT&T or Centurylink or Brighthouse service is nowhere near the quality of service Verizon provides.  Rest assured that I will be thinking of this recent pathetic service next time my firends and I discuss internet service providers.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Polgas

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
vagill

Write to Verizons Board of Directors.  I've never experienced such poor customer service in my life.  I still haven't received my new router, even though I have upgraded my internet service and am paying for upgraded service.  I've been on the phone or chat numerous times.   RIDICULOUS.

0 Likes
BW2002

Life with Verizon was just moving along, until I had a problem.  I needed a new box.  After well over an hour with their "customer support", I was able to convince them that I needed a new box, no big deal.  Other than the hour spent on the phone.

The new box didnt work.  I called "customer support", and they made an appointment with me to send a tech out.  The date and time arrived but NO technician.  I called to complain and reschedule.  I asked to speak with a super visor.  But again the "customer service" agent said that was not possible.  Alas, we rescheduled....

The date of the reschedule - they called to reschedule.  Not once but twice... 

Once again - I rescheduled - This time the tech did show up.  He was great.  I explained my frustration but it wasnt his fault.  Everything was working again.

I decided to take advantage of a sale on one of their premium channels.  I got so frustrated with their customer service, I decide it was probably best just to cancel my Verizon service all together.  

Verizon sent a box along with a UPS label to claim their set top box and router.  I did as instructed and returned both units immediately.  Today I received an email stating the router wasn't returned!!!!  And if I didnt return it they would be charging me!!  Icing on the cake.  How can I return an item that was already returned to them!!!

Verizon you are the worst!!!!  The shame of it is no one there seems to care at all.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BW2002,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes