Disconnection of service
SM110

I was using Verizon Fios for the past one and a half years and was enjoying it. Unfortunately I had to move to another place where Verizon Fios does not had services. When I called Verizon for the disconnection, they told me that either I can have their DSL services with 15 Mbps speed or I have to pay the penalty for the discontinuation/breaking of agreement. The option given for the replacement of connection was 15 Mbps against 100 Mbps which I was already using, was not fair enough. And Verizon having no services in that area was not my fault. What i think Verizon should be a little bit lenient on that issue. I think I am not going to recommend Fios to any of my family and friends any more. Above all the person whom I was talking was very rude and was not at all helpful.

0 Likes
Re: Disconnection of service
jonjones1
Legend

In certain situations Verizon will just forget about the early termination fee if you explain that there are no fios services in your new area.

however you agreed to pay the fee on time of getting service. You moved and Verizon did not move you. It's prorated so it won't be that much of a hit.

call again they may give you an exception.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Disconnection of service
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi SM1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes