Discontinued Fios service and Returned all equipment
ddoda

I cancelled the Fios Service and returned the equipments with two boxes and

put them all into boxes and sent back..but Verizon charged me $110.42 and said they did not receive the tv set top box.

I tried to reach UPS to see if there's tracking numbers, but they can't not know the tracking numbers and spoke representative in billing department in verizon. She said that it's not visible for her and can not give any information..

Who can help me to find tracking numbers or to dismiss this unfair case..?

0 Likes
Re: Discontinued Fios service and Returned all equipment
jonjones1
Legend

@ddoda wrote:

I cancelled the Fios Service and returned the equipments with two boxes and

put them all into boxes and sent back..but Verizon charged me $110.42 and said they did not receive the tv set top box.

I tried to reach UPS to see if there's tracking numbers, but they can't not know the tracking numbers and spoke representative in billing department in verizon. She said that it's not visible for her and can not give any information..

Who can help me to find tracking numbers or to dismiss this unfair case..?

The situation is one of who actually paid and or supplied the return labels/shipping boxes.

if Verizon supplied the labels, then they most certainly have the tracking numbers and can do the tracking. Since if Verizon did supply said labels they and only them can initiate a trace or claim with the carrier.

now if you supplied and paid for the shipment return to Verizon then you have the tracking numbers and can initiate a trace or claim of loss. The ICC regulations insure your package with a base $100 of insurance.  However you will have to first prove on acceptance scan that the parcel was returned (this is true in both situations) and after that no actions can be levied against you for loss or damage.

its always a good idea to make copies of the return labels so you can track and see what transpired.

without any such proof you will get dinged.

Verizon Wireless is famous for having customers use the US Postal Service for returns knowing just how bad they are at scans and damage claims.

ups and Fedex are much better. But you need the tracking label numbers to prove your case.

0 Likes
Re: Discontinued Fios service and Returned all equipment
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ddoda,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes