DLNA Not working on MI424WR (Rev. I)/IOS 4.19.36 Petition
Columbiaman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Give us our router back.  

We have paid you upto $80 for the MI424WR Gen3I router.  The latest software 4.19.36 router takes away our control and disables DLNA in our homes.  This is confirmed by the router manufacturer, actiontec and further its not part of our service contract to you.  I ask others to join me in petitioning Verizon.  Further avenues of action include:

1. If you are in Texas, please file a complaint with the Texas Consumer Protection Bureau at:  www.oag.state.tx.us/forms/cpd/form.php, Check your states 

2. Sound off on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/VerizonFiOS?fref=ts

3. Tweet back at handle "Verizon give us back control of our router, Give us DLNA @VerizonFIOS"

Signed

Fios Customer 

2 8 0 * * 4 3 8 6 5

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DLNA Not working on MI424WR (Rev. I)/IOS 4.19.36 Petition
tns
Master - Level 2

Not sure it works but BIGDADDY on DSL REPORTS has posted a jump that seems to get you to the IGMP proxy page. Previously others had success when they turned off IGMP proxy.

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

View solution in original post

mcferguson81
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is that the ActionTec router is not fowarding / bridging multicast frames between the wireless and wired networks. You can "fix" this problem by buying another wireless router or AP and connecting it to your network. There are some guides on-line as to how to do this properly (disable DHCP on the new router, connect the LAN <-> LAN ports, etc.). FYI this update also breaks IPv6 between wireless and wired and probaly a number of other protocols.

Best of luck,

Michael

0 Likes
Columbiaman
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem is that Actiontec support says this is Verizon's doing.  Furthermore, I don't think it makes sense for us to buy yet another device and connect the wires just so that I can do what the RouteIsis supposed to do anyway.

0 Likes
mcferguson81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wholeheartedly agree that Verizon / ActionTec should fix the issue. But given how poor and outdated the router firmware is (after having done some poking around), I'm not holding my breath. The ActionTec MR424 is a pretty bad product overall -- at least from a software standpoint. If I had any choice, I wouldn't use it to begin with. Anyway, there are plenty of N / AC standard products out there that will have much better performance.

0 Likes
java_man
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon! This is UNACCEPTABLE!

The main reason people are buying these routers is to be able to stream content wirelessly from media servers on their networks which are connected by wire 90% of the time.

PLEASE RESOLVE THIS!

Alexander K

ACCOUNT NUMBER
{edited for privacy}
bud_man
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon...PLEASE either correct this issue or find another VENDOR!  ACTIONTEC is no help either as they push everything back to VERIZON!  If any of my vendors acted in this manner they would be fired...and you are VERY close VERIZON!!!  I have never experienced this issue before with any other carrier....just STOP pushing the firmware update until you can correct this issue...PROBLEM SOLVED!

aforty
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is unacceptable, Verizon! Please fix this ASAP!

Signed,

6380006xxx

0 Likes
Mr_Tantrum

I have the same issue and it is quite frustrating!  I cannot stream anything to my wireless devices from my DLNA server.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Columbiaman wrote:

Verizon Give us our router back.  

We have paid you upto $80 for the MI424WR Gen3I router.  The latest software 4.19.36 router takes away our control and disables DLNA in our homes.  This is confirmed by the router manufacturer, actiontec and further its not part of our service contract to you.  I ask others to join me in petitioning Verizon.  Further avenues of action include:

1. If you are in Texas, please file a complaint with the Texas Consumer Protection Bureau at:  www.oag.state.tx.us/forms/cpd/form.php, Check your states 

2. Sound off on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/VerizonFiOS?fref=ts

@3. Tweet back at handle "Verizon give us back control of our router, Give us DLNA @VerizonFIOS"

Signed

Fios Customer 

2 8 0 * * 4 3 8 6 5

There is a place to vote for ideas. I posted your idea at this location. If you wish, you can voice your opinion here, or vote and provide comments.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/DLNA-Not-working-on-MI424WR-Rev-I-IOS-4-1...

Cyrix
Enthusiast - Level 2

The fix is to login to the router at http://192.168.1.1 with your browser. Use admin for user id. Try the password on the router or call verizon to get you in (this is one thing they are capable of doing). Go to Advanced tab. Set IGMP Proxy to disable and save.

Happy Streaming!

Cyrix

(this fix did not come from Verizon, they are still clueless)

0 Likes